Lost my Zapper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my Zapper

Went to go out in car tonight and discovered alarm zapper is lost. Tried the other one which came with car and Nothing. Hopefully its only the battery, but if not, can the AA disconect the alarm, so i can atleast drive it somewhere like local alarm people. Any advice gratefully received.
    Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Originally posted by Philip
    Went to go out in car tonight and discovered alarm zapper is lost. Tried the other one which came with car and Nothing. Hopefully its only the battery, but if not, can the AA disconect the alarm, so i can atleast drive it somewhere like local alarm people. Any advice gratefully received.
    Philip

I would guess its the battery....was the same for my discovery and my sisters astra!!

you could always smash the window and hot wire it

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      I would guess its the battery....was the same for my discovery and my sisters astra!!

you could always smash the window and hot wire it

Why the hell would anyone bother fitting an alarm to a Vauxhall or LandRover???!!!

Comment

I can get in and out of car, but you can not start engine until you press Zapper, but if you think smashing the window will help, please send brick or something similar.
        Philip
        Still Searching,
        Dick Whittington

Comment

Philip

There should be an in-line fuse for the alarm module somewhere, locate the module and search around there.
          Or just snip the wire to the siren, and solder it back together when you're sorted

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Why the hell would anyone bother fitting an alarm to a Vauxhall or LandRover???!!!
            There isnt a logical answer for it other then to alert you that someone is doing you a favour and removing your truck/car so you can go and thank them

Comment

I can get in and out of car, but you can not start engine until you press Zapper, but if you think smashing the window will help, please send brick or something similar.
              Philip
              Ah it might not help other then making you feel better!! maybe you should put my advice in the "ash try on a motorbike/chocolate fire guard" section

Comment

Philip
                Might be worthwhile thinking about getting one of those little touch-key points added to the alarm, incase the keyfob ever goes again.

Comment

If it's got an immobiliser built into the alarm i don't think the AA will do anything, but there's no harm in calling them and saying what the problem is.

Is it factory fit or aftermarket?
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Found it

This morning found zapper wedged in drivers seat. No idea how it got there.
                    Have sent spare zapper of to be fixed as it wasn't working even after new battery. The touch key thingy might be a good idea.
                    Thanks Philip
                    Still Searching,
                    Dick Whittington

Comment

there's nothing worse (or some may say better ) than losing your zapper.But i'm not gonna lower the tone of this thread ..
                      Glad you found it Phil
                      Last edited by stormforce; 24 February 2007, 14:09.
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                      X