Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
    Anyway - I'm going to copy this guy (see previous threads) LMAO
    That really is something special, that one.

Comment

That looks like I did it

There's only the one air filter on the V6 so I presume there's only one intake. Unless what I think is the air filter is in fact something else, which is why I am not to touch things under my bonnet.

Has anyone considered putting one of those rally-style scoops on the roof with some ducting to take it down from there? Then you get your snorkel without the big bit of plastic stuck on the side....

Comment

I mean like one of these with the vents hooked up to ducts instead.

And before I get nominated, no, I haven't worked out how you get the ducts to go past the windscreen. Possible on the inside of the A pillars.

And yes, I know that thing is not much cheaper than a snorkel. Merely an illustration.

Comment

I was just thinking V6 - he was trying two separate intake (like two separate exhausts)

Rain into the bonnet scoop - would that be any different to having a side mounted scoop - I ment bonnet to existing air filter housing which has a drain in it.

Its not a snorkle is a bl**dy flume.. If you stopped at red lights the local kids might think it was a theme park come to town...its horrid

Comment

I was just thinking V6 - he was trying two separate intake (like two separate exhausts)

Rain into the bonnet scoop - would that be any different to having a side mounted scoop - I ment bonnet to existing air filter housing which has a drain in it.

andy please tell me your not serious.its a good idea but not very pleasing to the eye is it.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
              andy please tell me your not serious.its a good idea but not very pleasing to the eye is it.
              I'm serious - sort of!

Mine will look slightly more professional - you'll just have to wait and see
              Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I'm serious - sort of!

Mine will look slightly more professional - you'll just have to wait and see
                20 quid on this should see you right.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of

these

stench pipes!
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Sorry, question time from me. What is to stop me (or anyone else) just cutting a hole in my wing and moving the air intake so it draws in the side? I'm not thinking about wading here, I was more thinking that with the addition of a little scoop you could be feeding your engine colder air with a little bit of a ram effect.

And it would look cool, of course.
                      The ram effect does happen as i have found that the truck appears to have more ooomph with the snorkel that with the K&N i had before.

That plastic one gave me the creeps when someone posted it on my snorkel making thread
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                        The ram effect does happen as i have found that the truck appears to have more ooomph with the snorkel that with the K&N i had before.

That plastic one gave me the creeps when someone posted it on my snorkel making thread
                        Incidentally, can someone PLEASE find an excuse to buy this and put it on their bonnet.

Comment

Incidentally, can someone PLEASE find an excuse to buy this and put it on their bonnet.
                          One needs an excuse? I'd get one if I wasn't such a tight git.

Comment

Working...
                          X