Going to Milners tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Milners tomorrow.

What do I need to pick up for a 2" suspension lift then ?

Pro comps 3000's all round and LC rear springs?

I also need someone who does the 2" body lift kit, if someone could please point me in the right direction ?

Cheers..
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Originally posted by max6674

I also need someone who does the 2" body lift kit, if someone could please point me in the right direction ?

Cheers..
    Apache or Bushwhacker will best advise. Think slightly longer shocks may be in order. Vince also does a kit for bits that need altering for the L/C springs.

Comment

Cheers..
      I don't think milners do the 2" lifts do they?The l/c springs will give you 3" of lift on the rear end and you will want the hdj80 l/cruiser springs if you do go for them you may want the shocks that are +2 or +3 inch which milners dont do.

The body lift kit you want to email Jotto about that
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        I don't think milners do the 2" lifts do they?The l/c springs will give you 3" of lift on the rear end and you will want the hdj80 l/cruiser springs if you do go for them you may want the shocks that are +2 or +3 inch which milners dont do.

The body lift kit you want to email Jotto about that
        Thats what I was going to say!

You won't get anything from Milners if you ask for a 2" lift, or extended shocks.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

OK.. I want a 2" body and 2" suspension lift but there are soooo many threads on here. Where do I start?

Milners was a good option as I will be passing anyway..
          -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

OK.. I want a 2" body and 2" suspension lift but there are soooo many threads on here. Where do I start?

go to jotto for the body lift and roughtrax will do the 2" suspension lift but you will only get about 1.5" of lift from it.I wouldn't bother with the torsion bars myself and you should be able to get away with the standard shocks but i would put new on myself anyway.If you want the softer ride go for the es3000's but if you want a firmer ride go for the es9000's
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Get the L/C springs, and jack the torsion bars up somewhat. You'll get around three inch at the rear, about 1-1/2 at the front. You will need more that just the springs, though. For the bodylift, contact Jotto. TonyN can get you the longer shocks, Vince can supply the panhard rod drop bracket.

Comment

Try going to Explorer ProComp for the shocks (+2") - you might actually get them if you go there in person!

Order the springs from Milners (LC80 ones)

Get the Panhard drop bracket from Bushwhacker if he's still making them.

Dunno if I'd bother with the anti roll bar brackets. Expert opinion is that you dont really need it with LC springs.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Explorer Procomp is in LYMM not far from me. Let me know if you want directions etc.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Use the Milners 1.5'' body lift kit - you will NOT have any issues with steering column hitting the bulk head, fuel filler splitting or steering shaft being stretched too far. I used the Milners kit - its a simple 3 - 4 hour job.

I have LC spring on the rear. This gives you 3'' lift at the back. I made some drop brackets to connect existing shocks back onto the axle - this is only a temp. mod.

On the front I cranked the torsion bars about an 1'' or so, fitted 30mm ball joint spacers to level it with the back, fitted 25mm spacers to the front anti roll bar and front diff to take some pressure off the cv joints.

I've taken the rear anti roll bar off. I had to put the front one back on - the handling was shyte without it.

I have existing shock all round - but thats only coz Procomp haven't got a clue about running a business.
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                      Use the Milners 1.5'' body lift kit - you will NOT have any issues with steering column hitting the bulk head, fuel filler splitting or steering shaft being stretched too far. I used the Milners kit - its a simple 3 - 4 hour job.

I have LC spring on the rear. This gives you 3'' lift at the back. I made some drop brackets to connect existing shocks back onto the axle - this is only a temp. mod.

On the front I cranked the torsion bars about an 1'' or so, fitted 30mm ball joint spacers to level it with the back, fitted 25mm spacers to the front anti roll bar and front diff to take some pressure off the cv joints.

I've taken the rear anti roll bar off. I had to put the front one back on - the handling was shyte without it.

I have existing shock all round - but thats only coz Procomp haven't got a clue about running a business.
                      Morning Andy,

Seems to be better if you actually GO to Procomp rather than trying to get them to send you stuff. The place is chaotic!

With +2", didn't have any trouble with the fuel filler on mine, though the column did foul the grommet where it goes through the bulkhead. Not to big a problem.

Your anti roll bar experience matches the advice I was given which was for road use, leave the front one on.

Found and runs we can do in April?
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

If i tag along i can ensure you get the correct bushes with the shocks.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                          Your anti roll bar experience matches the advice I was given which was for road use, leave the front one on.

Found and runs we can do in April?
                          There's not many out that way. You're about an hour south of the start of the strata florida but it will then take you diagonally in the opposite direction to your home!
                          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

if your going for l/c springs then you can run on +4 inch pro comp shocks mate, certainly does the job for me!!
                            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

oh yeah, and if your going to milners get a service pack whilst your there, a bargain if ever there was one
                              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                              X