ie or firefox!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ie or firefox!

Just out of interest how many of you guys use internet explorer and how many use firefox? and does anyone else use anything different?
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

ive used both, i had firefox for about a year then got a new com and just decided to stick with internet explorer.

Comment

the new explorer is better but i think i prefer fire fox for ease of use. not really relevant to anythying just board and interested.

yes i know i am sad but how else will i catch up with you guys on posts!
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Firefox. It has multiple plus points. Firstly, it's O.S independent, so you can keep the same prog across all machines and it has far better window/tab control options than I.E. It's also more secure, though not perfect. Only problem is occasionally you will come across websites that only display correctly in I.E, but they really tend to be a rarity.

Comment

Firefox every time. I customise it with Grease Monkey scripts so I can alter the way web pages operateto suit me.

Dave

Comment

IE used here but just do not like the new layout in IE v7.0 but will put up with it because I cant be a$$ed to roll it back to IE6 as everytime i do a windows update it'll ask to download IE7.0

PS: Firefox have had major problems with security flaws also a little time back as indicated by Computer Weekly [if memory serves me right]
            Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
              PS: Firefox have had major problems with security flaws also a little time back as indicated by Computer Weekly [if memory serves me right]
              Yup. Updating any themes or such for a while was an absolute dog. They sorted that problem a long time ago though. Can't remember seeing any new sec alerts for a while with regards to Firefox.

Comment

I use Opera its better than both!

the only prob is doing some stuff at work properly which I have to use IE7 for.
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

IE 'cos my uncle Bill rote it. OK I buy a puter and plug it in.... You lot really need to get out more. Anyway Firefox was a pish movie anaw.

Comment

Firefox, but I have a Mac and IE is made deliberately bad for us.

Firefox is a great fukcing movie by the way.

Comment

Another Firefox fan here.. used it for a few years now. Have to keep IE on though for when I download software from MSDN, Microsoft wont let you download unless you use IE (t0ssers).
                      -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Used IE, Firefox and Opera, the one i like the best is Opera,
                        The main reason I gave up on IE was all the pop ups, I know that most get blocked with various programs but you dont have that problem with the others (well not to the same extent). I found opera more user friendly, I like all the little addons etc and the guys on their forum are helpful if you have any issues!

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
                          IE 'cos my uncle Bill rote it. OK I buy a puter and plug it in.... You lot really need to get out more.
                          For once I agree with him.

I don't have to time to do all the mods I want to on my trucks, or fly kites or RC stuff, let alone start messing with the PC!

Plug it in, turn it on, put up with you lot and play Lego StarWars thats all I ask of my 'puter
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                            Another Firefox fan here.. used it for a few years now. Have to keep IE on though for when I download software from MSDN, Microsoft wont let you download unless you use IE (t0ssers).
                            You need to install IE tab then.

http://ietab.mozdev.org/

This should let you log the MSDN stuff, as I can login to teh microsoft partner program from FF and also run Windows Update from FF.

Firefox is wonderful, as you can customise it with add-ons, and have it work the way you want.
                            There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

I've been using Opera for a while now and it works far better than IE or Firefox particularly their tab implementation. There are a couple of sites that require genuine IE but they are getting rarer.
                              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
                              X