How many pancakes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    So I take it today was Shrove Tuesday? Guess who got no pancakes.
    Never mind....you could give them up for the rest of Lent?

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
      Never mind....you could give them up for the rest of Lent?
      Go on. Refresh my memory. Can only ever so vaguely remember the whole Lent thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        Go on. Refresh my memory. Can only ever so vaguely remember the whole Lent thingy.

it means you have to give up sex for 40 days!
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
          Married. Thought that was just normal.

Comment

think i will avoid that then!

Comment

i thought i just had it for p1551ng out of...
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                i thought i just had it for p1551ng out of...

lol it has many uses! i think there will be some help full suggestions posted soon!

Comment

According to Wikipedia you can still eat Beaver in Lent.....I kid you not

"Fasting and abstinence
                  Fasting during Lent was more severe in ancient times than today. Socrates Scholasticus reports that in some places, all animal products were strictly forbidden, while others will permit fish, others permit fish and fowl, others prohibit fruit and eggs, and still others eat only bread. In some places, believers abstained from food for an entire day, others took only one meal each day, while others abstained from all food until 3 o'clock. In most places, however, the practice was to abstain from eating until the evening and then a small meal without meat or alcohol was eaten.

During the early Middle Ages; meat, eggs and dairy products were generally proscribed. However, dispensations for dairy products were given, frequently for a donation, from which several churches are popularly believed to have been built, including the "Butter Tower" of the Rouen Cathedral.

Giraldus Cambrensis in his Itinerary of Archbishop Baldwin through Wales reports that "in Germany and the arctic regions", "great and religious persons", classified the tail of beavers as "fish" because of its superficial resemblance to a fish and their relative abundance."

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                    According to Wikipedia you can still eat Beaver in Lent.....I kid you not

Giraldus Cambrensis in his Itinerary of Archbishop Baldwin through Wales reports that "in Germany and the arctic regions", "great and religious persons", classified the tail of beavers as "fish" because of its superficial resemblance to a fish and their relative abundance."
                    You ever get the feeling this is like a home for the insane?

Comment

They never taught me that at school.

Just as well.Would have been asked to leave sooner than i was
                      Stella Artois

Comment

Working...
                      X