Last warning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last warning!

ENUF. This car, sorry "truck" has been broke more than went since I got it, the Disco runners are laughing there socks off and the LR types are quiet but in my face.

New head just fitted complete with water pump, belt and gaskets not to mention the LIST since I bought the pile of poo, FFS it looked like new one year ago then spent more time in the workshop than on the road.

I spent 2.2K buying this then over 1K in repairs in one year, MMMMmm whats the rate on the new Disco

I take it you've not had much luck with the surf!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      I take it you've not had much luck with the surf!
      He's an emphatic notifier.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        He's an emphatic notifier.
        I aint got a clue what that means!

Comment

I aint got a clue what that means!
          He whinges like buggery about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            He whinges like buggery about everything.

Ahhhhh gotcha!!

Comment

Probably the 'wzki' talking again!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Probably the 'wzki' talking again!

Comment

It might just be me....But i would say I've noticed more problems posted recently in the 3.0ltr help section then the 2.4

Comment

It might just be me....But i would say I've noticed more problems posted recently in the 3.0ltr help section then the 2.4

The 3 litres are 'coming of age' now, like the 2.4s.

Comment

Comment

I'm loving the weekly 'but the heads don't crack on 3.0s.........do they?'

Could just be most 2.4s have been junked by now.

Comment

i don't care (Well i do care)if the head or engine goes on mine cause i will get it repaired although it will be expensive but 5h1te happens and it will have to be put right as far as i'm concerned.Once its put right i know it should go on for a long time (hopefully).
                          The thing is most people complain or moan about the heads going or whatever the problem but how many of us used to buy a cheap motor and end up having to do non stop repairs or change the engine in them but we alawys forget what we used to spend out on an old banger just to keep it on the road.The surf is no differant to any of those old bangers we used to have(iit is differant but you know what i mean) .Its a 10 11 12 13 14 year old motor and your gonna have problems from time to time and once the probs are sorted its sorted but some take a bit more than others.

I have always said to myself if i want a motor like this then i have to be able to keep it running and pay for any repairs and if i cant afford it it will go and i will get something smaller more economical.
                          Thats my moan now i'll shut up and take some more happy pills
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I don't think age is anything to do with it, more what mileage its done thats important. I bought mine with 101,000 Kms which is 62000 miles, hardly run in.
                            Although not Bimpta checked as yet, i would be very surprised if mileage was wrong.
                            We more often here of problems rather than forum members letting us know that their car ran well this week, with no problems to report.
                            Philip
                            Still Searching,
                            Dick Whittington

Comment

Guess I'll start then....

Mine runs fine (3.0ltr) 88,800 miles...lovely jubbly...starts first time every time come rain, hail, snow, sleet, frost etc. No unusual noises, fuel consumption is ok for a biggie. Just love driving the Surf...beats most other four wheel devices

Comment

Working...
                              X