Tailgate window stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce1067
    Don't worry Spoggle thats 2 of us in the running for posting in the wrong section and for the same thing too....
    As our leader Mr Bliar would say. I refer the honorable member to my previous reply.

Spoggle

Comment

Clayton took his motor out and the window only dropped about 1/2" i think he said it was.You could just wedge a bit of wood in there to stop it dropping also
      My window didnt move at all with the motor out ,stuck solid mate.

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle
        My window didnt move at all with the motor out ,stuck solid mate.

Spoggle
        i would try to pull the window down with the mechanism and then take out the mechanism and give that a good clean and grease up as that can rust up and make it awkward for the window to move, and then clean and then spray the side window guides with silicon spray
        Once the window is down then you can open the tailgate to work on the mechanism
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The same as me Spoggle it was meant to be in the technical/mechanical section
          How many posts before it becomes technical then? Strikes me that most of the posts in this section are from guys like me who are seeking advice and at there witsend All for making a few quid for a good cause and a bit of a leg pull and fun, but I think that pirate's be in these seas

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle
            As our leader Mr Bliar would say. I refer the honorable member to my previous reply.

Spoggle
            and the backbenchers all shout whats he know
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

The same as me Spoggle it was meant to be in the technical/mechanical section
              Mine was wholly intended to be in the general section. I posted there purposefully, with intent and full knowledge. So, just for Gramps.........

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                Mine was wholly intended to be in the general section. I posted there purposefully, with intent and full knowledge. So, just for Gramps.........

Blaaaaa YOU Nicked anyway son so enjoy while you can
                Pops

Comment

Originally posted by MattF

https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

WTF's it matter where the post is
                    Sproggle!! you got it sorted out yet? it's sounding like you got summat stuck in the glass runner, or the rubber's ripped and doubled over, i thought mine had gone today, went to pick up my brother in law and his painting gear, drove off with the window down, started pi$$ing down and pressed the window switch to send it up, it went half way and stopped, i thought sod it it's happened at last, but when i got to his place i found his mastic gun handle had jammed in the glass and stopped it going up, could'nt see that in the rear view mirror, what a relief,
                    If you aint got the glass down yet shove some foam peices in the gate to give it something soft to land on before ya lever it down
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                      WTF's it matter where the post is
                      Sproggle!! you got it sorted out yet? it's sounding like you got summat stuck in the glass runner, or the rubber's ripped and doubled over, i thought mine had gone today, went to pick up my brother in law and his painting gear, drove off with the window down, started pi$$ing down and pressed the window switch to send it up, it went half way and stopped, i thought sod it it's happened at last, but when i got to his place i found his mastic gun handle had jammed in the glass and stopped it going up, could'nt see that in the rear view mirror, what a relief,
                      If you aint got the glass down yet shove some foam peices in the gate to give it something soft to land on before ya lever it down
                      also the window guides dry out and slows the window so i use a silecone spray on them
                      candle wax works too
                      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                        also the window guides dry out and slows the window so i use a silecone spray on them
                        candle wax works too
                        Yeah i've spray'd mine a couple of times when it starts getting slow, i'm holding out on a strip down as i'm after the rear wheel carrier gate and dont want to go to too much bother with this one

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                          Yeah i've spray'd mine a couple of times when it starts getting slow, i'm holding out on a strip down as i'm after the rear wheel carrier gate and dont want to go to too much bother with this one
                          have you asked on here if anyone got one going??
                          Pops

Comment

have you asked on here if anyone got one going??
                            No not yet aint got the money, i keep finding other stuff to spend it on, intercooler stuff is next,

Comment

candle wax works too

Or any furniture polish that contains silicone, has the added bonus as an air freshener for all you smelly smokers!

Comment

Nowt wrong iw smokers, we keep this good old UK in the black, (well i dont actually, i get my baccy from a guy who goes to spain) pretty soon we wont be allowed to smoke in our own vehicles though! be like being back at school, ba####ds

Comment

Working...
                                X