FAO tonyn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO tonyn

I know you must get sick of all these questions, AND i know i should of bought it from you by hindsight is a wonderfull thing but... i did'nt... bugger

So that leads me to my question, I have a heated fuel cat and am gonna fit it tomorrow and having looked at the info on here see that i need to get some bits from the shop eg the extra water hose and the three way connectors. What i would like to know is what size hose do i need and what size are the connectors??? do i need to get some more fuel line to conect it too of can i use the exsisting stuff, will it stretch that far??

Let this be a lesson to anyone else thinking of getting one tonyn supplys all the hoses and connectors with his fuel cats! doh!!

thanks in advance
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

8mm hose for the fuel line on the 2.4. 10mm for the 3.0. Can't remember coolant hose sizes off hand. Where are you taking the coolant feed from?

Comment

not to sure yet. i see that there are hoses that go through the bulkhead in front of the vin plate (which seems to be the place that everyone else puts them) i was going to run the line off those. Do you think that will work? Dont want to take it from somewhere that wont allow it to flow freely from startup cos i want it to warm up asap!

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
        not to sure yet. i see that there are hoses that go through the bulkhead in front of the vin plate (which seems to be the place that everyone else puts them) i was going to run the line off those. Do you think that will work? Dont want to take it from somewhere that wont allow it to flow freely from startup cos i want it to warm up asap!
        5/8th's, I believe those are.

Comment

I've only got one pic, but its off a 3.0, its basically the same, but the left hand side coolant hose isn't as easy to get to as you don't have much straight hose to cut into, but the rest is OK.

Also some on the new cats have the fitting reversed, ie, the coolant goes in the body, and the fuel line each end.

But might give you a clue.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

sweet thats how i was thinking of doing it could you please please tell me what size the heater hose is and the blue three way connectors i will have to get cos i am feeling really stupid today

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              5/8th's, I believe those are.

oops helps if i read the thread properly first thanks matt!
              Last edited by drunkmonkeyboy; 16 February 2007, 18:44.

Comment

Working...
              X