@ Ian619

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Ian619

Just thought I'd pop up, for no good reason, a pic of an illuminated bubble bar. BTW Ian, if you slide a couple of rubber grommets over the ends with the same I/D as the O/D of the bar, you can use those copper pipe saddle clamps as brackets for them. The grommets snuggle nicely into those clamps. Vibration proof to boot.

Last edited by MattF; 15 February 2007, 04:39.

Thanks for that Matt, i'm still pondering what and where to fit some of em!,
    i was thinking of fixing up several together (like the rungs on a ladder) with different colour leds, just keeping an eye open for some sort of chrome edgeing stuff to cover the ends and hide the leds and wireing, then find somewhere to fit em without em getting kicked or generaly f**ked about with by the grandchildren, only place i can think of is the headlining, if i can make up several of these ready i'll wait till i find a decent set of roof rails, drop the liner and do it all in one go, They do look nice "lit up" though dont they, colour changeing leds would look good too i think, what'd ya recon,

Just noticed your post time, another insomniac (?) i'm up nurseing the chinchilla, he's dieing, 11 years old so hes had a good run, he's just shuting down slowly, poor old buggar
    Last edited by POPEYE; 15 February 2007, 08:02.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
      Thanks for that Matt, i'm still pondering what and where to fit some of em!,
      i was thinking of fixing up several together (like the rungs on a ladder) with different colour leds, just keeping an eye open for some sort of chrome edgeing stuff to cover the ends and hide the leds and wireing, then find somewhere to fit em without em getting kicked or generaly f**ked about with by the grandchildren, only place i can think of is the headlining, if i can make up several of these ready i'll wait till i find a decent set of roof rails, drop the liner and do it all in one go, They do look nice "lit up" though dont they, colour changeing leds would look good too i think, what'd ya recon,
      I thought of doing a ladder rung once as well. We're both sad barstewards. Way I thought of doing that was drilling holes right through some wood/metal strips, with the bars protruding through about an inch either end, so that some cover could go over the ends. Like a long skinny box on either side type thing to hide the wiring and LED's. That one I've taken a pic of is just inside the workshop doorway as a little entry light type thing. Decided to build a closet entry inside the workshop a few months ago, but never twigged until I'd done it that the light switches were on the other side of the entry wall. That's why I put those up. Nearly broke me soddin neck several times tripping over stuff trying to get to the light switches in the dark.

I'd definitely go for multi colour. It'll look the dogs nads.

Comment

Just noticed your post time, another insomniac (?) i'm up nurseing the chinchilla, he's dieing, 11 years old so hes had a good run, he's just shuting down slowly, poor old buggar
        Yup. Sorry to hear about the Chinchilla. It's gutting when you have to watch pets slowly dying.
        Last edited by MattF; 15 February 2007, 08:15.

Comment

Totally unrelated Ian, but I found out on the Oz site where the oil pressure sender unit is. Were you looking for it as well for when you have to connect that gauge? The sender is the one in the red circle. The part on the right is the oil cooler where the filter screws onto.

Comment

Cheer's Matt, yes it's heartbreaking to see em like that, he's still shuffeling over for a fuss, the last one we had we took to the vet, the $$$$$$$s took about £200 off us for x rays, blood test's etc and then had to put him to sleep, i'd have rather he died here like this one,

Still on a brighter note (no pun intended) it's a pity they dont do that cable trunking stuff in a chrome finish, easier to drill than chrome metal, i'm forever looking at stuff i can utilise for the truck
            Last edited by POPEYE; 15 February 2007, 08:48.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              Totally unrelated Ian, but I found out on the Oz site where the oil pressure sender unit is. Were you looking for it as well for when you have to connect that gauge? The sender is the one in the red circle. The part on the right is the oil cooler where the filter screws onto.
              Ah yes thanks for that! i've been told it was to the left of the filter but have'nt got round to delveing in there to find it, looks like a real sod to get at without removeing a lot of stuff, i still got the oil temp and pressure gauges to fix in, so i'll need two tee's, or some fitting with three ports,

Comment

Cheer's Matt, yes it's heartbreaking to see em like that, he's still shuffeling over for a fuss, the last one we had we took to the vet, the $$$$$$$s took about £200 off us for x rays, blood test's etc and then had to put him to sleep, i'd have rather he died here like this one,
                Vets are like legalised thieves.

Still on a brighter note (no pun intended) it's a pit they done do that cable trunking stuff in a chrome finish, easier to drill than chrome metal, i'm forever looking at stuff i can utilise for the truck
                That's what spray paint is for. It's a sod when you go into shop, isn't it. I've got three cooking trays out in the workshop thanks to Vince putting ideas in me noggin. Love kitchen sections. Amazing what you can find for adapting in those departments.

Comment

Ah yes thanks for that! i've been told it was to the left of the filter but have'nt got round to delveing in there to find it, looks like a real sod to get at without removeing a lot of stuff, i still got the oil temp and pressure gauges to fix in, so i'll need two tee's, or some fitting with three ports,
                  That should be fun. That's where I'm planning on feeding the pre-luber output in, when I get round to it. The list of mods to do seems to grow rather than get shorter. Diff breathers, bypass filter and bleed off valve in the matrix pipe are the next three jobs.

Comment

Vets are like legalised thieves.

That's what spray paint is for. It's a sod when you go into shop, isn't it. I've got three cooking trays out in the workshop thanks to Vince putting ideas in me noggin. Love kitchen sections. Amazing what you can find for adapting in those departments.
                    That chrome/silver spray always turns cr@p after a while, satin black might look OK though, Vince has a lot to answer for, made my day that bakeing tray scoop, Hehe i go in the £ shops, robert dyas, etc, still it's what makes these truck interesting i guess,

Comment

That should be fun. That's where I'm planning on feeding the pre-luber output in, when I get round to it. The list of mods to do seems to grow rather than get shorter. Diff breathers, bypass filter and bleed off valve in the matrix pipe are the next three jobs.
                      Intercooler's my next job, and a bl00dy big bakeing tray

Comment

Intercooler's my next job, and a bl00dy big bakeing tray
                        I got one smallish roast tray, and a couple of oblong cake tray type things, just in case I wanted to add a couple of side vents along the lines you have. So you're partially to blame as well. The £ shops are great for the odd bits and bobs, ain't they. That's where I got those trays from. I was only following the wife around, you understand.

Comment

What size relays do you use on those LEDs Matt? Would a starter motor solenoid be OK?
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                            What size relays do you use on those LEDs Matt? Would a starter motor solenoid be OK?
                            Ohhhh, very funny. Sarcastic git.

Comment

[/QUOTE]Still on a brighter note (no pun intended) it's a pity they dont do that cable trunking stuff in a chrome finish, easier to drill than chrome metal, i'm forever looking at stuff i can utilise for the truck[/QUOTE]

I saw some trunking in chrome at B&Q warehouse a few weeks ago it was quite expensive but for a single length it's worth using. I must admit when I saw it I was thinking "now what could I use that for?"
                              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X