lucky me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lucky me

I have got a regular supply of WVO to meet my needs however before I register with HMC&E I want to find out if it is worth my time to clean it etc
    what do you folks do to ensure it is fit for the job? details and specs of filters etc needed would be great
    Ta
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Originally posted by fatfires
    I have got a regular supply of WVO to meet my needs however before I register with HMC&E I want to find out if it is worth my time to clean it etc
    what do you folks do to ensure it is fit for the job? details and specs of filters etc needed would be great
    Ta
    i know Tonyn filters it thru a couple of pillow cases then puts the oil straight in the surf
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

http://www.smartveg.com/index.php?mo...esults#results

have a look here for some 20litre filters a 25 micron and 1 micron will do it i am gonna build a unit with a oil drum, cant find the plans at the mo, found it on the net or maybe on here. when i find them again will post! hope it helps!
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

How well do you want to clean it? What's it been used to cook?

Leaving it to stand for several days so that water and solids will separate is the starter. Then, if it's a fairly clean WVO, just draw off the oil through an old muslin/cotton cloth, then through a known micron rated filter. Coffee percolator filters apparently do quite fine filtering as well.

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
          http://www.smartveg.com/index.php?mo...esults#results

have a look here for some 20litre filters a 25 micron and 1 micron will do it i am gonna build a unit with a oil drum, cant find the plans at the mo, found it on the net or maybe on here. when i find them again will post! hope it helps!

There's usually cartloads to whet your appetite on here:

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html

Comment

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/...d.php?tid=1004

http://www.smartveg.com/downloads/sm...uide%201.0.pdf

have a look here some interesting stuff here!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              i know Tonyn filters it thru a couple of pillow cases then puts the oil straight in the surf
              LINDA!:deal: He's at it again
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

If you register, you will still need to pay the higher rate of duty, which is app 50 pence as you have not transesterified it.
                It would also appear that they may stop the duty if you use less than 2500 ltrs a year.
                Philip
                Still Searching,
                Dick Whittington

Comment

Do you know where it comes from? Ours dosn't cook meat, only chips so just needs the solids getting out, people say if its had meat in it you need to make bio out of it.

Like has been said above, we filter it through a pillow case that fits over the end of a drum with the end removed, and toss it in the truck, the trucks fuel filter will do the rest.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                    If you register, you will still need to pay the higher rate of duty, which is app 50 pence as you have not transesterified it.
                    It would also appear that they may stop the duty if you use less than 2500 ltrs a year.
                    Philip
                    When you register you pay the duty in advance on what you anticipate to use, so if you happened to use five or ten times as much ( the way I understand it) you pay no more duty.

This system may be open to abuse, but as we are Brittish and of course totally honest this wont happen ( NOT) he he
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                      When you register you pay the duty in advance on what you anticipate to use, so if you happened to use five or ten times as much ( the way I understand it) you pay no more duty.

This system may be open to abuse, but as we are Brittish and of course totally honest this wont happen ( NOT) he he
                      Nah, they send you a form for the previous month, and you tell them how much you've used, and the payment.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

dont quite work like that i got my forms and before the end of the month i have to say how much i used that month and pay the duty on that.

all though when buying 18 litres of oild this evening in my local tescos the woman behind me in the que joked are you doing alot of cooking or putting it in your car. So i told her it was going in the car and she was amazed asked about the car and how it works and was quite impressed as was the cashier, who did not know it was possible and would not of queryed me buying so much oil! but i said my bit and said about paying tax and registering and i think they were impressed that i was doing my bit for the emviroment untill i mentioned i have a 4x4 and then they seemed to think it was not so good but i put her in her place and explaned that my car has been on the road for longer than most 2wd cars and how it costs more enviromentaly in the making and s$$$$ing of cars than my car will make in its long and fruitfull life!
                        Dam these bull sh it spreading reporters!!! i put a few right today so its a start!

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
                          dont quite work like that i got my forms and before the end of the month i have to say how much i used that month and pay the duty on that.

all though when buying 18 litres of oild this evening in my local tescos the woman behind me in the que joked are you doing alot of cooking or putting it in your car. So i told her it was going in the car and she was amazed asked about the car and how it works and was quite impressed as was the cashier, who did not know it was possible and would not of queryed me buying so much oil! but i said my bit and said about paying tax and registering and i think they were impressed that i was doing my bit for the emviroment untill i mentioned i have a 4x4 and then they seemed to think it was not so good but i put her in her place and explaned that my car has been on the road for longer than most 2wd cars and how it costs more enviromentaly in the making and s$$$$ing of cars than my car will make in its long and fruitfull life!
                          Dam these bull sh it spreading reporters!!! i put a few right today so its a start!

Good for you!

But if you don't declare all that you use how do they know?? are they watching us??
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Good for you!

But if you don't declare all that you use how do they know?? are they watching us??

dont think so

Comment

Working...
                            X