@ Copycat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Copycat

Hi mate, first test fitting and looking OK, pity colour's only a bit out, but it'd show up more in the sun so i'll have to paint it, it's back off and stripped ready for flatting down etc the two inside brackets are real sods to remove, double sided tape! Why!!! when their held in place by three screws anyway,

Thanks again to ChilliTT, holes were spot on mate just a little fileing need'ed
    for a "nice tight fit"
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Looking good Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      Looking good Ian.

Well it hides that rusty wiper if nothing else

Comment

What have you drilled the holes in the rear of the spoiler for?
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
          What have you drilled the holes in the rear of the spoiler for?
          Have a guess

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
            Have a guess
            OK then. Reversing camera?
            It just does, OK?

Comment

Looking good mate! I'm actually going to try and fit mine tomorrow with the help of a mate. All depends on the weather though as I haven't got a nice big garage like you!

Did you drill outwards, from the inside out through the holes in the reinforced section or did you measure up from the outside? Got some good tips from Chillitt but any more help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

The holes drilled in the spoiler have got me really interested. Don't forget to show us the finished job.
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                OK then. Reversing camera?
                Nope

Comment

Lights? It has to be lights, its obvious that Ian is a light fetishist and now that hes got the front looking lit up like an alien invasion force hes going to do the same for the back. That way he can dazzle everyone and create mayhem with the front pointing stuff and have the satisfaction of looking back to see the mayhem. Go on tell us, its lights of some sort isnt it ?

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                    Looking good mate! I'm actually going to try and fit mine tomorrow with the help of a mate. All depends on the weather though as I haven't got a nice big garage like you!

Did you drill outwards, from the inside out through the holes in the reinforced section or did you measure up from the outside? Got some good tips from Chillit but any more help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

The holes drilled in the spoiler have got me really interested. Don't forget to show us the finished job.
                    First drill holes (like charlie did) were from the inside (small drill to start with) then opened up with a bigger drill (so the studs fit in) then some masking tape where the lower holes go, stick the spoiler on and locate the studs in the upper holes, mark where the lower studs touch the tape and drill out the lower holes, you'll need to use a small round file to oval the holes out a bit so the lower studs go in, once it fits on nice and snug, you can feel on the inside and theres a hole in the double skin where the electrics grommet goes,
                    drill a small hole from the inside in the centre of this cutout and then holesaw from the outside, i used a 1" holesaw, bit of a clean up with a smallish half-round file and thats about it, dont forget the tape, stop the drill skidding etc,

I'm surprised no ones guessed about the holes though

Sorry dont know how to draw little arrows, but ya can see the light shineing thorugh the holes
                    Last edited by POPEYE; 14 February 2007, 21:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
                      Lights? It has to be lights, its obvious that Ian is a light fetishist and now that hes got the front looking lit up like an alien invasion force hes going to do the same for the back. That way he can dazzle everyone and create mayhem with the front pointing stuff and have the satisfaction of looking back to see the mayhem. Go on tell us, its lights of some sort isnt it ?

Bogus

Give that man the cigar Yup 10mm defused red leds in some chrome bezels, Marker/tail lights

Comment

Give that man the cigar Yup 10mm defused red leds in some chrome bezels, Marker/tail lights
                        Im off for a smoke now, I just cant believe nobody beat me to it, they cant help but notice your light fetish surely.

Anyway I,ll be following the thread and pics, it will be interesting to see how the end product compares with my ( ahem ) carbon fibre one. I reckon those added lights might just give it enough of a bling factor to make me want one too. ( though i,ll never admit it). Looks like its shaping up well, nice job.

Oh and did I see a mention of the dreaded double sided tape somewhere?

Bogus
                        Сви можемо

Comment

pix man, pix, like the led idea, get some pix up
                          The benchmark....

Comment

Bogus
                            Now, you know these fancy-dans wouldn't touch anything with double sided tape on it. Oh no.

Comment

Im off for a smoke now, I just cant believe nobody beat me to it, they cant help but notice your light fetish surely.

Anyway I,ll be following the thread and pics, it will be interesting to see how the end product compares with my ( ahem ) carbon fibre one. I reckon those added lights might just give it enough of a bling factor to make me want one too. ( though i,ll never admit it). Looks like its shaping up well, nice job.

Bogus
                              Well Alex what can i say, praise from you is praise indeed, thanks very much!
                              no double sided tape involved though, just masking tape, the double sided i encountered when trying to remove the inside bits (to run the wireing) however was bl00dy strong, nowt wrong wi a bit of double sided tape, (we used tons of it at the coach builders,

Comment

Working...
                              X