Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an easy way!

Ok guys an gals!
    Does anyone have any tips on getting speaker cable through from the dash area to inside the drivers door?
    Cheers!

Originally posted by RodLeach
    Ok guys an gals!
    Does anyone have any tips on getting speaker cable through from the dash area to inside the drivers door?
    Cheers!

You need to remove the lower dash, the section that houses the switches for the hard/normal and idle up.
    Then remove the door card and try and fish the wire through the flexy rubber conduit.

Comment

Ah i knew that was coming.... I've got most of the truck in lil bits at the moment and I'd seen that would be an option but having fat fingers means its an awkward lil sod!

Comment

I take it the old speaker wire is not there or has snapped?
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Im just fitting in some better speakers and there are no wires there for them so i just need to run the two cables through to the crossover which i will put inside the door just to keep the work load in half

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            I take it the old speaker wire is not there or has snapped?

No speakers in the doors Phil. Rod is fitting some.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              No speakers in the doors Phil. Rod is fitting some.
              Forgot the standard speakers are in the dash.

A chance to redeem myself. An old net curtain wire with the ring still on the end is handy to push through conduits. Slip the wire through the ring, fold it back and pull the curtain wire through with the wire attached.

Can I be let off now?
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                Forgot the standard speakers are in the dash.

A chance to redeem myself. An old net curtain wire with the ring still on the end is handy to push through conduits. Slip the wire through the ring, fold it back and pull the curtain wire through with the wire attached.

Can I be let off now?

Consider yourself redeemed.

Comment

i like the net curtain wire idea . i have managed to do tis before with a wire coat hanger bent to match the shape of the rubber hose thingy with no sharp bits, then gently move it through bend small hook on one end and pull through! hope it helps (only if you dont have any net curtains!)
                  it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
                  X