4wd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    If in 4WD, press the switch and lift off the throttle pedal, as soon as you press the throttle again, it will disengage.
    And vice versa.
    Great thanks. I'll try that next time.
    Cheers
    Trev D.

Comment

Originally posted by trevdowle
      As a matter of interest, this is similar to what is required to get the 4WD light to extinguish on a 2nd gen. ie you have to back-up about 6 feet to get the 4WD light to go out.
      Does anyone know if when 4WD is de-selected and the light stays lit, if its actually just the light, or is it still in 4WD, as its not always safe to reverse?
      Whats all this about "backing up six feet?" I have to do this with my Frontera and listen for the clonks as things mesh or seperate but as we know it is a vauxhall. I just press once to engage and again to dis-engage. Is this unusual for a second generation?

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
        Whats all this about "backing up six feet?" I have to do this with my Frontera and listen for the clonks as things mesh or seperate but as we know it is a vauxhall. I just press once to engage and again to dis-engage. Is this unusual for a second generation?
        its not unusual on 2nd gens to have to go to/fro a few feet to engage/dis-engage.Mine sometimes goes in and out of 4wd no problem but other times i may have to go to/fro to get in/out 4wd
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          its not unusual on 2nd gens to have to go to/fro a few feet to engage/dis-engage.Mine sometimes goes in and out of 4wd no problem but other times i may have to go to/fro to get in/out 4wd
          I must be lucky then as this is something that I like about the Surf. As I said the Frontera I have to reverse which is not always convenient. Still better than some where you need to get out and manually turn the hubs.

Comment

Mine's the same, push button to engage, push button to disengage.

As long as the vehicle is moving ( however slowly) it works fine.
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
              Mine's the same, push button to engage, push button to disengage.

As long as the vehicle is moving ( however slowly) it works fine.
              And another second generation to boot!

Comment

Originally posted by trevdowle
                As a matter of interest, this is similar to what is required to get the 4WD light to extinguish on a 2nd gen. ie you have to back-up about 6 feet to get the 4WD light to go out.
                Not on mine you dont. Just take your foot off the gas to engage or disengage.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  Not on mine you dont. Just take your foot off the gas to engage or disengage.
                  Looks like the 2nd generation is the one to have!

Comment

Working...
                  X