strange day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange day...

our german shepherd's got to be put down, he's developed some problem with his spleen and heart and has fluid surrounding his heart which is all that's keeping him going. apparently, if they drain the fluid he'll not survive. they have treatment which is very high risk and unpleasant and he won't be the same again even if he did show improvement, so it's been decided he will be put down.

just waiting for everyone to come home so we can all go see him before they do it. he went in last night, but didn't expect this as we thought it was connected, by reaction maybe,to treatment (steroids) he's getting for discoid lupus erythematosusso.

this is happening after my eldest niece had her baby last night (only 5lb 10oz! makes her the smallest anyone in the family can remember. even my brother's twin boys weighed over 6 and a half pounds each!) so bit of a mixed day since we'll all be saying goodbye to Max and saying hello to the newest edition to the family. her name is Jorja. and that, apparently, is how they're spelling it too...before you correct me Matt!
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Sorry to hear about the dog Logey.I had the same with one of mine a few years ago but my vet wouldn't listen to me or do any test on him and in the end he was kept in on the saturday night and i went to see him on the sunday morning and he died in the afternoon drowned in his own fluids.I was gutted as he was my own dog and not a family dog
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Very sorry to hear the news about your dog.

It's a hard thing to do, having a pet put down. But you have to think what is best for the dog.

Congratulations on the birth of the baby though.

My brothers daughter was born 3 months premiture. She had to be kept in hospital for about 4 months, and for about 3-4 months after that she had to be plugged into an Oxygen supply 24hrs a day. Not easy when you have to cart a heavy Oxygen cylinder everywhere you go....

Comment

Loosing a long loved pet is bad mate ,But you are doing the right thing in not making max suffer long drawn out treatments that might not work..........

On the ther hand all the best for your grand neice.........Bet that makes you feel old
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
          Loosing a long loved pet is bad mate ,But you are doing the right thing in not making max suffer long drawn out treatments that might not work..........

On the ther hand all the best for your grand neice.........Bet that makes you feel old
          thanks all for your kind support.

me feel old? only after football!

having the age gaps in our family means there's 18 years between my oldest brother and youngest sister (there's 6 of us, i'm number 4) so my niece is only 8 years younger than me, but she's also dumber for having kids of her own at such a young age. she'll have no life of her own.
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

sorry to hear about max logey,we have a german shepard ourselves,.but on a brighter note congrats on the newborn.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

hay logey sorry to hear about max it heart crushing i know but we have grankids
              that never knew my dog as he died years before they where born but they all know him as we have that many pics and he is on all the family vids and is still talked about today that i feel he is still hear.
              sorry bud....
              i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

sorry to hear about your dog logey, but in similar circumstances i would do the same thing
                on a brighter note congrats on your nieces baby
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                X