interior Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior Lights

Ok - i've tried searching but can't find a defiante answer, should the "map" lights above my front windsceen come on when i open any of the doors ? or are they just manual ones, also why has my middle unit packed up completely, doesn't come on when "on" or "door", is the fuse for it the "dome" one under bonnet, i havn't checked it but the front ones above windscreen come on when pressed so i just asumed the fuse must be ok - bulbs fine too
    Bunkle
    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Originally posted by Bunkle
    Ok - i've tried searching but can't find a defiante answer, should the "map" lights above my front windsceen come on when i open any of the doors ? or are they just manual ones, also why has my middle unit packed up completely, doesn't come on when "on" or "door", is the fuse for it the "dome" one under bonnet, i havn't checked it but the front ones above windscreen come on when pressed so i just asumed the fuse must be ok - bulbs fine too
    Both mine front and middle come on when I open the doors. The front has a rocker switch in the middle labelled Door this enables or disables this function.
    Check this switch first.
    Trust your Hound.

Comment

no switch on mine ! - any ideas on the middle one not working
      Bunkle
      Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
        I have the same problem with mine. The map lights as explained are controlled with a switch. I replaced the bulb on the centre light and it glowed very dimly then packed up. Must be a short somewhere. I have managed without this but if you find the problem appreciate you sharing the solution.

Comment

Sometimes the contacts on the dome light can become dirty, if you've eliminated blown bulbs and fuses, try repetedly moving the switch thru its 3 positions, surprising as it may seem, this can often do the trick as it helps clean the contacts.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

cheers for advice - i'll get out there and give the switch a good few flicks on / off / door and see how how i get on - sounds easy enough even for me
            Bunkle
            Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Working...
            X