What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think?

My Surf is going into the garage in the morning because of the misfire it has developed (V6 3ltr. Petrol)…just hoping that it won’t cost too much!

I will also need new tyres fairly soon. The Surf is currently fitted with Bridgestone Dueller A/T (31x10.5/15). I spoke with a local tyre place this morning and he said that he would not recommend the Bridgestone’s as there’re rubbish!

I mainly use the Surf on tarmac, but still prefer A/T’s.

He recommended General Grabber AT2 or “if you want the very best for that vehicle, Toyo Open Country A/T” (and said something about Transpath).

Price for 4 tyres fitted where:

General Grabber £350

Toyo OC A/T £340 http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires...™&category=lgt

I’d just like to know your thoughts or recommendations please.

(apologies for not putting this in the “tyre section”, but I don’t think that many people look in that section)
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Originally posted by PDR
    (apologies for not putting this in the “tyre section”, but I don’t think that many people look in that section)
    We have a tyre section?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      We have a tyre section?
      See!, that is exactly why I put my post HERE
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
        See!, that is exactly why I put my post HERE

Unless you're seriously into mud plugging, I don't think you'll notice a vast difference between brands. When I got my M/T's, I based my decision on a clinical thought process, which was roughly, 'Ooh, love that tread'. For A/T's, I'd just go with any, personally.

Comment

The khumo's are also a good tyre worth looking at
          I got the Colway AT's on mine now for 2 years and i have found them to be ok,they grip the road alright and have been ok off road also.It depends if you like remoulds or not but i was never one for remoulds till i had these
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by MattF

I based my decision on a clinical thought process, which was roughly, 'Ooh, love that tread'.
            it's not just me then..........

Comment

BFG A/T's, The only tyre you'll ever need for being good at everything.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

i"ll second that,gonna fit a set of 33x12.5x15 bfg m/t's in the next few weeks.the truck has already got a set of bfg a/t's on it and they are great.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

I'll.....err...third that! had mine on for almost two years and are just great!
                  Also, more importantly, they get a big tick in the "ooh love that tread" box!!
                  Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                    Also, more importantly, they get a big tick in the "ooh love that tread" box!!
                    Dave, it's not just us two.

Comment

Working...
                    X