Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Train - Blackpool to Basingstoke

..and back!

OK Guys and Gals, I need to swap a diff with Tony, so looking to see if anyone can help out.

So, either pickup from Basingstoke, bring up to as near to Blackpool as possible, and return to Basingstoke... or the other way round.

Anyone able to help?
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Am in St Annes tonight if that's any help. Cant do social thing as I have colleagues with me who want to talk shop, but can certainly move something as far south as Malvern for you.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      Am in St Annes tonight if that's any help. Cant do social thing as I have colleagues with me who want to talk shop, but can certainly move something as far south as Malvern for you.
      Cheers Andy, that might be a touch too soon though as Tony doesn't actually have his (well, actually, Lindas) diff available right now.

When are you next up here?
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Generally up that way around every 2 months or so - just a bit more frequent lately. I'm up in Liverpool every few weeks though. When you're ready, give me a shout. A trip down to Liverpool (Well, St Helens actually) is not far either.

Comment

Generally up that way around every 2 months or so - just a bit more frequent lately. I'm up in Liverpool every few weeks though. When you're ready, give me a shout. A trip down to Liverpool (Well, St Helens actually) is not far either.
          Cheers.

I may end up driving down myself. The cost of the diesel actually works out to roughly the same as a courier, and obviously the chance to meet up with The Surf Mechanic God himself probably should not be passed up.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
            Cheers.

I may end up driving down myself. The cost of the diesel actually works out to roughly the same as a courier, and obviously the chance to meet up with The Surf Mechanic God himself probably should not be passed up.
            The Hospitality & the Pub Grub ain't bad either !!!!!!!

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
              The Hospitality & the Pub Grub ain't bad either !!!!!!!

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
              Tony has a pub? He didn't let me anywhere near it last week. Probably wise...

Well Slugsie, I offered.

Saving grace of the Dalmingy - free wireless internet!

Comment

Tony has a pub? He didn't let me anywhere near it last week. Probably wise...
                Not actually his, but given the amount of time we seem to spend there I think we must have shares!!

Nothing personal though - he's just not allowed down there in the middle of the day

Set a date SLugsie - he'll have to get on and do my diffs then won't he :looksforadevioussmiley:
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Off to Scotland on Thursday (8th Feb) returning to Amesbury on Sunday (11th Feb) if that's any help. Tony is only 1/2 hour or so up the road from me.

Or you could stick with the current plan and go drinking with Tony n Linda - Think I can guess which option would be more fun

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                    Set a date SLugsie - he'll have to get on and do my diffs then won't he :looksforadevioussmiley:
                    Heh heh.

Originally posted by Andy Dawson
                    Off to Scotland on Thursday (8th Feb) returning to Amesbury on Sunday (11th Feb) if that's any help. Tony is only 1/2 hour or so up the road from me.
                    Ooh, assuming Tony is able to get the diff off (how about it Tony?) would you be able to pick it up, I can then try and meet you somewhere round Preston (assuming you are heading up the M6 that is), and swap diffs, which you could then drop off again when you get back. Would that be ok with you? Tony?

Originally posted by Andy Dawson
                    Or you could stick with the current plan and go drinking with Tony n Linda - Think I can guess which option would be more fun
                    Yup, it would be more fun, but not doing 8 hours driving might be better.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

The trip from me to him is the important one, the return trip is no hurry, I don't have a need for his diff yet.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Can either pick it up Wednesday evening or Thursday morning, just let me know when it's ready.

Thursday might be more to Tony's liking

Double bonus as the RAF will be paying for the trip as I'm officially going up to help with a canoeing competition (note that I'm not taking part - bit too for me)

Preston on the M6 would suit me fine.

Comment

i was in Stoke today... missed out!!

but if anything coming near A34/M4 way i can collect from there and run down to Tony's
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                          X