No announcement yet.

Any body else watching the superbowl??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any body else watching the superbowl??

corking game going on if your up. sky channel 401
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Didnt watch it but played it up until 2/3 years ago in the UK seniors league.
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Its in the DISHWASHER
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
        Didnt watch it but played it up until 2/3 years ago in the UK seniors league.

Ditto...Watched the game..cracking Kick off return by chicago and the weather in miami sure played a factor in the turnovers.

Played the game [3 years] in the position of Fullback from the age of 18 with Bolton Buccaneers and Mancunian Colts
        Gaz

Comment

Superbowl Live, well nearly!

Just back from a vacation in Florida where, for the first time, I watched the Superbowl right through in real time - all 4 hours of it! Biggest shock - in the States the adverts get more interest than the game. The news programmes dropped the actual game reports after one day, the adverts and the subsequent deliberations were still going on a week later.
          They have a complete audience set up in a studio simply to rate the adverts into a top 10 and bottom 10.
          Top advert was a cool beer ad. with two guys fighting over the last bottle using the old paper/stone/scissors system to decide who won.
          The biggest scandal, still bubbling along in the US press, was a general Motors ad. supposedly to show their committment to build quality on their cars. It relates to a robot that drops a bolt whilst assembling a car and subsequently gets ostracised by the rest of the robots and, after dragging himself around town in a state of despair for a while, jumps of a bridge. The Americal Suicide Society has gone bananas and forced GM to cut out this section and are threatening to sue them anyway. Up to the suicide point the advert was actually quite a novel idea - so near but so far!
          If anybody is in the States at the time of the Superbowl makes sure you watch it as it is a totally different experience to the UK TV version.
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty WAH
            Just back from a vacation in Florida where, for the first time, I watched the Superbowl right through in real time - all 4 hours of it! Biggest shock - in the States the adverts get more interest than the game. The news programmes dropped the actual game reports after one day, the adverts and the subsequent deliberations were still going on a week later.
            They have a complete audience set up in a studio simply to rate the adverts into a top 10 and bottom 10.
            Top advert was a cool beer ad. with two guys fighting over the last bottle using the old paper/stone/scissors system to decide who won.
            The biggest scandal, still bubbling along in the US press, was a general Motors ad. supposedly to show their committment to build quality on their cars. It relates to a robot that drops a bolt whilst assembling a car and subsequently gets ostracised by the rest of the robots and, after dragging himself around town in a state of despair for a while, jumps of a bridge. The Americal Suicide Society has gone bananas and forced GM to cut out this section and are threatening to sue them anyway. Up to the suicide point the advert was actually quite a novel idea - so near but so far!
            If anybody is in the States at the time of the Superbowl makes sure you watch it as it is a totally different experience to the UK TV version.
            Colin

It was quoted that the Adverts at Half -time go up for around $1million its that crucial for the brand manufacturers.

I prefer the weather reports and sports coverage over there and the live coverage of the NASA missions, was over there when they fixed the Hubble Telescopes Mirror and Wide-Field Planetary Camera Upgrade [even upgraded the computer to a Intel 80386 processor].

Got to see the Shuttle return lighting up the sky with its wing-tips glowing white hot and a double sonic boom that $$$$ped me up as all the house shook and thought a car had hit the house b4 going out and seeing the shuttle.
            Last edited by Gizmo; 19 February 2007, 13:14.
            Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
              Ditto...Watched the game..cracking Kick off return by chicago and the weather in miami sure played a factor in the turnovers.

Played the game [3 years] in the position of Fullback from the age of 18 with Bolton Buccaneers and Mancunian Colts

I played RB, only did one season due to all the politics and red tape. Played for Lancashire Wolverines at the Bolton Areana but trained for 2 seasons with the Manchester Titans.

Gone into scuba diving now instead now..
              -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Working...
              X