No announcement yet.

HELP! lost my blinkin' key!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you give toyota all the chassis/ engine no's they can pinpoint your exact vehicle on thier database and hopefully provide you with new keys.

You will need id and V5 etc. to prove ownership.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

wow some great feedback there - thank you good forum!

plenty to keep me occupied tomorrow it seems

the water was around 15ft deep where the key was dropped - at mylor marina just inside the east breakwater. low tide, will be around 10ft. it's murky as hell what with all the silt and i didn't have anything with me to aid visibility underwater...or a wetsuit...brrr

this is some kind of twisted punishment for me saying recently to my family how economical the surf has been. and to be honest, it's not the surf's fault at all!

i hate keys. why it can't all be down to retina scan, passwords or fingerprints...why must the most expensive things we'll ever own have such poxy peices of metal locking them up?

^^ consider it spat
      problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

key machine penryn

save the day

the bloke went out to the truck, took the barrels out, made a key and started the surf

fwiw a fair price too, bearing in mind what a job it was

perfecto!

surf will now be out in the snow come thursday. we're taking weatherproof video cameras and should get some good footage and pics if anyone interested

problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

Hi Sky.Glad you got it sorted have you got the guys details you can put in the dealer experience section just for us cornish lot who may need his services in the future and for anyone else who comes down here on hols and loses their keys of course.Thanks
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

how much?

how did he do locks?... bump key?, picks?
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

My Surf came with only one key…..(imported 2005)

But while cleaning it I found a spare bound to an exterior part of the vehicle. It was inside a small paper envelope (with Japanese writing), wrapped in plastic. The only reason I found it was because I decided to remove the white bailing twine that seemed to be severing no apparent purpose.
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Had a similar experience but I thought the dog had swallowed my keys! I came in and threw my keys on the floor right next to where the dog was sitting and went to wash my hands etc.

When I went to look for my keys an hour later there was no sign of them! I hunted high and low and became more and more convinced the dog had swallowed them (he's only a Jack Russell and it was a fairly big set of keys so although it seemed impossible it looked like the only answer).

Just as I was about to hold the dog by his back legs and start shaking him the wife arrived and did a calm search. She looked in all the places I had, with no luck, but finally shook the jacket that I had been wearing and the keys dropped out of the elasticated sleeve! Seems they had bounced on the floor and onto my jacket and as luck would have it they slid down the sleeve.

Suffice to say it was straight to the local key cutter next day and after parting with £3 I had a spare key.

Only downside is the dog has never forgiven me!
                'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                  that seemed to be severing no apparent purpose.
                  Oh God it's catching.... I'll try not to do it anymore
                  Onwards Binky

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Mc
                    Oh God it's catching.... I'll try not to do it anymore
                    You'll try to resist, but you will fail....................

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      You'll try to resist, but you will fail....................
                      Next it will be resistance is futile...........Matt the borg of spellings
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                        Next it will be resistance is futile...........Matt the borg of spellings
                        You've guessed my ultimate goal.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                          You've guessed my ultimate goal.

When you getting your user name changed to 'Locutus' then
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                            When you getting your user name changed to 'Locutus' then
                            And give people advance warning? Nah, better to pounce unexpectedly.

Comment

Working...
                            X