just a quicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a quicky

Hi, used the search button but no help so time to ask you lot.

Does anyone know where i can get an empty oil barrel? clean would be good else i will be back on here asking on the best way to clean it. I want one as i now have a plan for filtering wvo.

Any help much appreciated
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Try an engineering company or garages that use oils and fluids, they may have some empties kicking around.

Comment

I use one a an incinerator, and get it from a local garage, they are happy to get rid otherwise they have to pay to get it removed.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

sweet thanks for the replys. I asked my pa and as he happens to work on the railways (not railtrack btw) he said that he might be able to pick one up. In the mean time i am gonna follow your surgestions thanks
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

If you get the oil ones use a de-grease detergent to clean it out with , don't be tempted to 'burn' em out ,you never get rid of the soot ! Most garages round here only too glad to get rid saves em paying landfill disposal tax ! I use em for water storage from the well on the allotment, a lot cheaper than 30 quid from B&Q for a polybarrel
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

I have several (about 10) empty 11 gallon stainless steel beer barrels if anyone wants any

Comment

Dammit!! The things I want are always on the other side of the world.

Comment

38 gallon drums, landfill???

they're worth £12 each!!... i'll have them!
                get one for free by buying diesel off a plant hire Co.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Leodis
                  I have several (about 10) empty 11 gallon stainless steel beer barrels if anyone wants any

Comment

Originally posted by Leodis
                    hmmm extra fuel tanks...... (not for me I hasten to add, cant afford to fill the one I have,,)
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                      hmmm extra fuel tanks...... (not for me I hasten to add, cant afford to fill the one I have,,)
                      Nurr Nurr. For once I'm closer than Charlie to a cadge.

Comment

I forgot to say... mmmmmmmmm stainless...
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                        X