Breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakdown

Today for the first time ever the surf broke down (temporarily).
    Whilst driving along the A580 first the engine check light came on then after cough & splutter it stopped. It restarted easily enough and drove for another 200 yrd and then same again. I admit not servicing her for 7000+ miles and wondered if the fuel filter could have a lot of crud/water in it even without the warning light coming on.
    Eventually got her home but 3 mile run took over an hour of stops & starts.
    Any suggestions please or have I answered it already??

Get it to STEVO if you cant resolve the problem.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Ricksurf
      Today for the first time ever the surf broke down (temporarily).
      Whilst driving along the A580 first the engine check light came on then after cough & splutter it stopped. It restarted easily enough and drove for another 200 yrd and then same again. I admit not servicing her for 7000+ miles and wondered if the fuel filter could have a lot of crud/water in it even without the warning light coming on.
      Eventually got her home but 3 mile run took over an hour of stops & starts.
      Any suggestions please or have I answered it already??
      You've answered it already. Fuel filter. I had same symptoms shortly after 1st time I used veg. Fuel filter full of sh1te scoured from tank and lines.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thanks Apache...........bang on with fuel filter. No water inside and only a bit of crud in fuel, BUT the paer element was lets say a lighter shade of MUCK !

Comment

Working...
        X