RAV4 waterpump Tony ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAV4 waterpump Tony ?

Tam's waterpump was leaking on her RAV4 . I am mega busy so had to give the job to a mate of mine to do . I have only ever given a job on a car to some one else then me once before and it is my mate Neil .So Neil got the task of changing the waterpump .
    I left the car there last night so he had an early start .
    When I phoned this afternoon he was keen to tell me he would not do one again . It took 2 of them the best part of the day to do . The engine mounts had to come off and the engine forced away from the chassis leg to just get the timing cover off . Then one of the waterpump bolts sheared and had to be drilled out with a right angled drill .
    He also MOT'd the car aswell .
    Total for a genuine Toyota waterpump plus a t/belt and tensioner kit and MOT was £405 inc vodka and tonic . Seems alot but after considering the possible grief I would have had , Tam is happy with the bill .I dont know the breakdown of parts labour etc at the mo.
    I think a 2.4 Surf would have been far easier .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
    Tam's waterpump was leaking on her RAV4 . I am mega busy so had to give the job to a mate of mine to do . I have only ever given a job on a car to some one else then me once before and it is my mate Neil .So Neil got the task of changing the waterpump .
    I left the car there last night so he had an early start .
    When I phoned this afternoon he was keen to tell me he would not do one again . It took 2 of them the best part of the day to do . The engine mounts had to come off and the engine forced away from the chassis leg to just get the timing cover off . Then one of the waterpump bolts sheared and had to be drilled out with a right angled drill .
    He also MOT'd the car aswell .
    Total for a genuine Toyota waterpump plus a t/belt and tensioner kit and MOT was £405 inc vodka and tonic . Seems alot but after considering the possible grief I would have had , Tam is happy with the bill .I dont know the breakdown of parts labour etc at the mo.
    I think a 2.4 Surf would have been far easier .

Bet you needed one after paying that bill
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

[QUOTE=Woodzie]Bet you needed one after paying that bill

Ian shouldn't that read, Bet you needed one after paying that Rick & a Vodka & Tonic !!!!!!!!
      Glad ya got it sorted tho ....

There's always a Payback .... And then there's always Surprises !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
      X