• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ian619
    You doing boiler serviceing now Vince? is there no end to your talents

Comment

I agree with ya though the points a bit moot as my old woman dose'nt drive anyway, muggins has to taxi her arse everywhere, But if she did i would'nt let her touch my truck,
      Good to know I'm not alone. Judging by that first page, I think some of our peeps are turning into big girls blouses. Personally, I thought that telling her she'd have to kill me first, then free the keys from my death grip wasn't extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
        I think its going beyond possesive, I think its strange, wife drives the truck as much as do, in fact I,ll let pretty much anybody drive it. Ive loaned it to mates for transportation of big things. Its only a lump of metal/plastic ( 2nd gen/3rd gen) I just cant invest so much emotion in it even if it is my pride and joy. Mind you I am knocking on a bit, I think this business of your car being so important is a younger mans thing. I do know people who are on the point of being obssesive about where they park their motors, in case someone else gets close enough to touch when they open their doors and the slightest impact on their bumper is a major disaster.

Bogus
        I backed into a bollard the other day and she had to call the paramedics to sedate me, no damage but it touched my truck and left some black paint on it, cant deal with that!! i'm getting counciling and its getting better,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

When telling the other half she can't play with your toys, be careful she doesn't stop you playing with hers...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
            When telling the other half she can't play with your toys, be careful she doesn't stop you playing with hers...
            Another moot point, i'll just say the vastomy was a bl00dy waste of time
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I backed into a bollard the other day and she had to call the paramedics to sedate me, no damage but it touched my truck and left some black paint on it, cant deal with that!! i'm getting counciling and its getting better,
              I'm not that possessive, i'm more concerned over the cost of repairing it if I bend it.... for that I would be for the ...... however.......

..... Some cretin with a stanley knife, key, brick etc, I have been known to turn green and all my clothes (except my underpants funnily) fall off. I have always said I would kill anybody who I caught damaging my motor.

as for the solution of the missus driving your truck.. Buy her one of her own

.... mind you she can't drive at the moment so I have 2 trucks to play with
              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Another moot point
                I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Have to agree I'm a little protective of my truck. I'm still looking for the cretin who scratched the door of my truck in a car park. It may be paranoia, but I now take pictures on my phone of people who have badly parked next to me incase I come back to find a scratch. I don't mind other people driving it though, even taught a couple of friends to drive it.
                  Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_b555
                    Have to agree I'm a little protective of my truck. I'm still looking for the cretin who scratched the door of my truck in a car park. It may be paranoia, but I now take pictures on my phone of people who have badly parked next to me incase I come back to find a scratch. I don't mind other people driving it though, even taught a couple of friends to drive it.

I wouldn't mind the odd knock in a carpark.... most of them can be t-cutted out..... its the B@**ard that stuck a knife in my (nearly new) tyre that I want to get hold of!
                    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

the only time my mrs has driven either of my trucks and that is if we've been out and i had a drink and then she will drive home.She's only driven the 2.4 three times and not driven the 3l yet,but she says the truck is too big for her to drive so i am safe.
                      On the other hand she is protective over her celica and don't really like me driving that,it's probably something to do with after owning it 3 weeks i was driving and some plonker L driver with an instructor in the car tried to make a left turn up a narrow road i was trying to pull out from and ploughed into the side of me
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                        I wouldn't mind the odd knock in a carpark.... most of them can be t-cutted out..... its the B@**ard that stuck a knife in my (nearly new) tyre that I want to get hold of!
                        this was way more than an odd knock in carpark. it was a £90 respray of the rear near side door. Looks like someone opened their door into my truck and gouged my nice burgundy paint down to the metal!
                        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Wouldn't mind her driving it but I would have to be there! She had a go when I first got the Surf and considering it was the first time she had driven an automatic and something so big she coped pretty well.

She drives a Kia Sportage (no, don't laugh, it's quite good on the road actually but it only gets the same mpg as the Surf!)
                          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I thought that telling her she'd have to kill me first, then free the keys from my death grip wasn't extreme. [/QUOTE]

surprised you're still alive....
                            Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

let the missus drive surfenstein,look i may be mad ,but i aint stupid,besides shes scared of it.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

My wife hates the Surf. I remember when I first arrived home in it and her first words were: "is that what you got rid of the Maxima for." Granted, the Maxima was a nice car and certainly the best ride I have had including half a dozen Jags and two Daimlers. I thought I would change her mind and offered her a spin. First problem was that she said it was too high and found it awkward to get into. It has really gone from bad to worse as she compares it to one of her parents farm trucks and thinks that I am losing the plot when I say that I prefer it to the Xtrail.

So, the problem of her wanting to drive it just does not arise. She drove it once and I followed her in her Honda as she had broken down and did not want to drive that either. I admit that I was worried she would scratch it but once safely home she declared that it was a tank and would not drive it again.

Therefore, no problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X