No announcement yet.

Bl00dy global warming programmes (RANT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bl00dy global warming programmes (RANT)

Is it me, or have the tv programmers gone global warming mad?

I have had an absolute gutsful of the endless wittering on the tv and other media about it. Will they ever just shut the F*** up?

Turn a light off? Go and spend some time in a steel works - the waste is so collossal you won't bother trying to be green ever again.

And who did cause the last 5 ice ages anyway??

Rant over, wine beckons!
    Another member of the 'A' team

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
    Is it me, or have the tv programmers gone global warming mad?

I have had an absolute gutsful of the endless wittering on the tv and other media about it. Will they ever just shut the F*** up?

Turn a light off? Go and spend some time in a steel works - the waste is so collossal you won't bother trying to be green ever again.

And who did cause the last 5 ice ages anyway??

Rant over, wine beckons!
    Wine?

I'll report back around 11:30 after sampling some more Jennings later
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      Wine?

I'll report back around 11:30 after sampling some more Jennings later
      If I went to The Lorelei (my local real ale pub) I'm not sure I'd not get home - I've been working away all week.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm beeeeeerrrrrrrr
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo

I agree, turn off all the street lights on motorways, etc and stop bothering us about stupid little things.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

They always blame the ordinary public, turn off the light, unplug the VCR etc etc, on meridian the other night they ran a report about all the lights left on in office blocks and shops all sodding night, not to mention industry,
          Ice ages and globeal warming periods have occured through out history usually the result of major volcanic activeity, But forget all that it's all my f**king fault for leaveing the video on and driveing a diesil,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

You're all missing the point. It's far far easier to tax the ordinary man in the street than tax big business. Big business puts money in party coffers so they'll continue to turn a blind eye to them and continue to hammer us at every opportunity.

Comment

If global warming means more winter days like today then bring it on, 17deg C in the back garden ........luverleee
              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                If global warming means more winter days like today then bring it on, 17deg C in the back garden ........luverleee

It must be your age Paul, you having hot flushes again?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  It must be your age Paul, you having hot flushes again?
                  Don't remind me, another year older next week
                  Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Just walked the mile home from the piub with my coat under my arm. I heard two blackbirds singing, and the air smells like spring. Weird.

Comment

I am sure that when I was a kid our village had no street lighting. The village where we stayed in Somerset two years ago had no street lights, we just took a little rechargable torch with us when we went to the pub.

I often wonder why every town has to floodlight every alley, path and road. It is a needless waste of energy.
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

There's actually a strong movement in Malvern to get the streetlights turned of at midnight. The local astronomy club are behind it. Good luck to them I say. Would be nice to see the stars.

We also have about 100 gas streetlights at the top of Malvern Wells at the foot of the hills too. Give off bu**er all light but are kindo of cute

Comment

Just walked the mile home from the piub with my coat under my arm. I heard two blackbirds singing, and the air smells like spring. Weird.
                          That will be the beer taxi with the heater on full and the radio going then...
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                            That will be the beer taxi with the heater on full and the radio going then...
                            No really, just been out to the shed, thermometer says 11 degrees!

Comment

There's actually a strong movement in Malvern to get the streetlights turned of at midnight. The local astronomy club are behind it. Good luck to them I say. Would be nice to see the stars.

We also have about 100 gas streetlights at the top of Malvern Wells at the foot of the hills too. Give off bu**er all light but are kindo of cute
                              Warwickshire County Council want do that too:

http://leamington.observertoday.co.u...News&id=219247

I wouldn't mind- be nice to see the stars again!

Comment

Working...
                              X