can anyone identify this immobiliser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone identify this immobiliser?

hi everyone, just sorting out my insurance and they're asking me to declare what make and model my immobiliser is. My reply was "i don't know" Was hoping someone here knows the make and model from the description.

near the left of my steering wheel is a small port to which I insert a plug with 3 points on it before I can start the engine.

If anyone knows what this make and model is I'd be vry greatful.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Originally posted by Jason_b555
    hi everyone, just sorting out my insurance and they're asking me to declare what make and model my immobiliser is. My reply was "i don't know" Was hoping someone here knows the make and model from the description.

near the left of my steering wheel is a small port to which I insert a plug with 3 points on it before I can start the engine.

If anyone knows what this make and model is I'd be vry greatful.

It's most likely a TOAD cat. 2 immobiliser.

Is it any of these....

http://www.covert-installations.co.uk/immobil.html

The three pin plug is called a touch key.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_b555
      hi everyone, just sorting out my insurance and they're asking me to declare what make and model my immobiliser is.
      I think your insurance company will require a certificate of installation by an accredited fitter. That is normally the case.

Comment

Originally posted by lclascaris
        I think your insurance company will require a certificate of installation by an accredited fitter. That is normally the case.

I told Tesco insurance that I had a TOAD Ai606 fitted two years ago, and they've never asked for proof.

I stil haven't got that alarm!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          I told Tesco insurance that I had a TOAD Ai606 fitted two years ago, and they've never asked for proof.

I stil haven't got that alarm!
          Thats fine providing your vehicle doesn't get stolen then recovered. As when the insurance claims assessor fills his report on the recovered vehicle & finds that there is no alarm fitted, after it was declared that there was. This could void the claim.

It also depends if you received a discount because of the alarm that has supossedly been fitted.

Comment

I have the fob and dash fitting with the 3 holes in as shown in the Laserline 921 picture.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by lclascaris
              Thats fine providing your vehicle doesn't get stolen then recovered. As when the insurance claims assessor fills his report on the recovered vehicle & finds that there is no alarm fitted, after it was declared that there was. This could void the claim.

It also depends if you received a discount because of the alarm that has supossedly been fitted.

True, but no-one who has had a Surf stolen has ever had it returned, 'cos they end up on Ebay as parts for those owners that don't know about parts availability, and this site.

Comment

Tesco's never asked and i never declared about an immobiliser, just asked if it was garage'd at night which it is, These imobiliser's can be more trouble than their worth, the one on the 220 kept shuting the engine off, even the AA are unable to get wireing info on em, got it removed in the end by the place that fitted it,
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  True, but no-one who has had a Surf stolen has ever had it returned, 'cos they end up on Ebay as parts for those owners that don't know about parts availability, and this site.

pretty sure we'd spot any parts off yours on ebay. would be advertised as highly polished and minimal wear
                  TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                    pretty sure we'd spot any parts off yours on ebay. would be advertised as highly polished and minimal wear

It's gotta get pinched first!

Comment

thnks for the help guys, managed to find someone to look at it, and it was identified as an autowatch 239 touch key. looks similar to the toad one. The insurance company didn't require proof of the fitter as I told them it was there when I bought the car. Anyhow, it's another peice of paperwork over. Next one is paying off my parking fine
                      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
                      X