old photo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old photo's

Finally! simon installed the software to let me scan old pics to jepg as opposed to file documents, i thought maybe some of you might be interested to see em, sorry if i'm boreing anyone else (not really) this lot is/was my old Buick Rivera, 1968, 430cu in, chose these pics first as it was probably the car i spent the most money on, first pic is just after i got it and after front panels were removed, rest are dureing rebuild and the young chap at the wheel is simon who some will remember accompany'ed me "up north", he 23 now and off to thialand and far east for 9 months in a few weeks, the paint on it is white base with a blue green metal flake, (nearly invisable untill in the sunlight) with 37 coats of metalflake clear on top, its a shame i did'nt have a good camera and also i did'nt get any pics when it was compleatly finished and running, (engine blew up about two weeks after i got it on the road, which just about finished me with it),
    Obtaining workshop manuals for it was a game, ended up getting em from Detriot, and needed two, one covered all 68 model buick engines and trans, the other was a Fischer body manual covering all 68 fischer bodys and breaking systems, inc caddys, olds, etc, all GM i think,
    Wish i had the money i wasted on that f**ker now
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

now where have i seen those before.thats very impressive ian.as you know ive a soft spot for old yank tanks,love it mate.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

This lot, my first car and pride n joy, 1960 vauxhall velox PA, if you can guess which ones my future wife (with a right gob on) you get the rusty nail,
      An old ford anglia i "did up a bit" sorry Richard, i know you dont like the colour It used to go though, no trouble wheel spinning, i stuck a 1600 x flow out of a cortina in it, Mk 11 granada, and me digging my pit, Oh and my
      power rod van (one of em ) big hair was in then

Comment

These few i thought Charlie (ChilliTT) might like to see, these are what i dried to post last time charlie and got confused, the first one is my old Triumph T110 650 cc, other three are us at Brands Hatch practice day, my engine in a mates manx norton frame, hes the one on his back, did quite good lap times concidering he run on a shoestring, went on to do the isle of man TT several times,
        Bit of a sad tail concerning the last pic (sidecar combo) the two guys who raced it were in the next bay to us and we got on well, nice couple of lads, we heard later in the week that they had both been killed in a crash on the circuit the next day, i lost a couple of good guys in motorcycle crashes (and got away with a couple myself) just the way it goes eh!
        Got some pics of a couple of other motors but cant find em, Chrysler New Yorker and an old PC choptop cresta,

Comment

my god, ian! I've worked it out from those pictures, you must be 4200 years old!!! thems proper bikes, them is....
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

dont ya just miss em

hi Ian
            Reminds me of the cresta I had 61 pa black twin arials white walls . dont you just miss them bench seats and column change , what fun we had down them lanes ,, shame I dont have any pics same with the bikes had a 600 norton domi/650 bonny good old days them

Comment

Good guess Charlie, only a couple of years out, yeah bikes were bikes then, not so fast as the jap superbikes but they had charicter and you could work on em yerself without bl00dy computers,
              They were great cars Eddy, had acouple of mates with a 59 and a 61, great lookers and pretty quick but the rust got em in the end, i had some great times in that old PA, (and portsdown hill was very handy)
              Last pics, PC Cresta i lowered the roof on, never did finish that one, someone bought it as it was
              And a 65 Chrysler New Yorker, ex US embassy car from belgium,
              Swore i never throw away money on a car again after the Riv but i'm doing it again on the surf, Mug

Comment

wow ,very interesting photos mate, like the grim fandango purple anglia.
                The benchmark....

Comment

Working...
                X