Hello, New Member calling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, New Member calling

Help, Ive just bought an absolutley gorgeous 2.4, 93 Surf, Auto, only to find that what tow car recons it wont tow a caravan, your comments please, has anyone tried it ??

Originally posted by Mammatikka
    Help, Ive just bought an absolutley gorgeous 2.4, 93 Surf, Auto, only to find that what tow car recons it wont tow a caravan, your comments please, has anyone tried it ??

Hi and welcome.Take a look at the thread surf towing caravan at the top of the list ....http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

how big is the caravan????????????

if its a big un then get an oil cooler and a hi flow rad o and a $$$$$$ good service on the cooling system, ie full flush and new stat and cap for what it worth...
      welcome by the way
      john
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

I have a 2.4 and have a trailer that when loaded is up to a ton. No problem.

Comment

Tried it, done it, still doing it (with my under-powered 2.4). Thought it did the job so well I made my sister get one to tow hers (although she got the 3litre (I still almost beat her home from North Yorkshire tho)).
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Thanks very much

Excellent tips thank you, I think Ill go for something small to start with maybe just a 1000Kg ish as a starting point.

Comment

My old 2.4 towed my old twin axle abbey spectrum 1600Kgs with no problems.
              Last edited by marky; 31 January 2007, 10:44.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Hi all
                I have an elldis tynedale 1600kgs, my surf pull it no probs on the flat hit a hill and thats a differnt matter. This year I have fitted a intercooler and boy what a differance pulling the van no probs now, I think the thing to remember is that it's not a race just take your time, well plan and enjoy your on hoiliday.

I have a question? Why do nomal car drivers seam to slow down when you are comming to a hill on a single carrage way then they speed up to leave you in 3rd gear or lower doing 25-30 mph, when you look in your towing mirror you see a stream of cars and all the drivers are blaming you for going too slow because theres no way of getting passed you. Has this happend to any 1 else?

Steve.
                The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

Also the plonkers that overtake then slow down in front of you.
                  Not any more as im really going to $$$$ them off with my new baby.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Hi m8

You shouldn't have a problem towing a caravan (i tow mine loads). The surf weight 2148kg's laden (means full of fuel & other liquids). Using the recomended limits from the caravan clubm you can safely tow a van up to 1825kg's loaded.

Only thing you might find is that the 2.4 is a bit underpowered, particularily uphill

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
                    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
                    X