ruined suprise !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    Not unless they've altered things. I checked through all the regs when I wrecked the wheel arch on a bollard, and according to the ones I found, there is no requirement for the wheel arch to actually cover the entire area of the tread. The only stipulation is that if anything extends past the bodyplan, it has to be a maximum of 30mm, and it cannot have sharp or otherwise dangerous edges, (which wheels obviously don't). The bodyplan is classed as the imaginary outline on the floor of the outermost dimensions of the vehicle as designed at the factory, which with the wide body Surfs, does include the arches as well.
    Dunno then that's just what i thought, but like i say i couldn't find anything about it on www.ukmot.com which lists all the reasons and wording for what is tested and what codes and descriptions should be on your certificate if it fails.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

I'm going to the garage to get my headlights realigned tomorrow so i'm gonna ask him what the law is on it and will let you know later tomorrow
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        I'm going to the garage to get my headlights realigned tomorrow so i'm gonna ask him what the law is on it and will let you know later tomorrow
        Cheers Richard. Double checking is worthwhile, 'cos you wouldn't believe the amount of regs and addendums to existing regs that are out there. There's a possibility I may have read an older version, but could never find a more recent one. Finding that one took me hours, and then trying to understand it was even worse.

Comment

Dip$hit mode has finally kicked out. It definitely won't fail the MOT with the tyre/wheel protruding past the wheelarch. All I got when mine was MOT'ed regarding the lack of the wheelarch was an advisory that the wheelarch was missing. The penny has only just dropped that mine's already passed a MOT without it.

Comment

Just been to see about getting my headlights aligned properly and while i was there i asked about the wheel arches and he said that they DO NOT come into the MOT at all and that it is a police matter and nothing else so it is entirely up to them if they want to pull you for not having wide enough wheel arches,so thats that one sorted
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers Richard. Double checking is worthwhile, 'cos you wouldn't believe the amount of regs and addendums to existing regs that are out there. There's a possibility I may have read an older version, but could never find a more recent one. Finding that one took me hours, and then trying to understand it was even worse.
              Matt, do you mean addendums and derivations to existing regs? Don't see how a regulation can have a regulation as each one is an order in its own right.

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
                Matt, do you mean addendums and derivations to existing regs? Don't see how a regulation can have a regulation as each one is an order in its own right.
                Yup. They do, believe me. You'll find the base regs, then you'll find an addendum a few months later where they may have rephrased it slightly, and then another one just after where they slightly alter the definition, and then the next one probably adds a few sub clauses, and so on. It's terrible.

Comment

Yup. They do, believe me. You'll find the base regs, then you'll find an addendum a few months later where they may have rephrased it slightly, and then another one just after where they slightly alter the definition, and then the next one probably adds a few sub clauses, and so on. It's terrible.
                  I have to work with legislations all day longas part of my job. You are right in that things are constantly being added. Just when you think you have a usable piece of legislation some poncy jobsworth alters it. Usually to appease some minority group or in case someone gets caned over Human Rights. What a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
                    I have to work with legislations all day longas part of my job. You are right in that things are constantly being added. Just when you think you have a usable piece of legislation some poncy jobsworth alters it. Usually to appease some minority group or in case someone gets caned over Human Rights. What a joke!
                    Shocking, ain't it. I think they get bored if they ain't writing or altering something.

Comment

Working...
                    X