looking to buy a surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to buy a surf

hello i wonder if any one can help me? im looking to buy a surf but know nothing about them, what are they like to own? dont want to spend any moor than2000 pounds what will that get me and what are the best modles, thanks

Originally posted by matt100
    hello i wonder if any one can help me? im looking to buy a surf but know nothing about them, what are they like to own? dont want to spend any moor than2000 pounds what will that get me and what are the best modles, thanks
    hi and welcome to the home of the insane
    you should get a 2nd gen 2.4 for that money but if you can get that bit more cash then there are 2 3l's for sale under 3k each in the for sale section and well worth the money.
    Once you get in one to drive then you won't wanna go for anything else
    the ssrg will be the only differant one really as that has the recaro interior
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

looking to buy surf

hello thanks for your advice, is there much difference between the models ssrs etc? any thing to watch out for when buying?

Comment

hello thanks for your advice, is there much difference between the models ssrs etc? any thing to watch out for when buying?
        the early 2.4's are prone to head problems but not all of them tho.The later 2.4's should have the newer modified heads on them.Spec wise there is no differance as the little Japs added their own extras from new but only the ssrg will have the recaro interior.If you go for the 2.4 then try to get 1 that has proof of the modified head fitted.You cannot use 4wd on the tarmac only on loose ground or ice/snow and basically just look and listen for anything as you would for anty motor.Make sure everything works the rear window on the switch and the key.
        But if you can get more money to spend then go for the 3l as it has more power/torque and if you test drive the 3l and 2.4 you will notice the differance

Comment

where are you

hiya matt where in essex are you as il gladly come and look at any surfs you fancy mate
          black n tan
          black n tan
          yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

hello sly dog i live in harold hill,romford. are the surfs slow? top speeds? thanks for the offer looking to buy march time when i got the ££££

Comment

Keep coming back to the forum and hitting the 'New Posts' button and soak up the info thats shared here. You'll learn vital stuff between now and March.

Welcome!

Dave

Comment

hello sly dog i live in harold hill,romford. are the surfs slow? top speeds? thanks for the offer looking to buy march time when i got the ££££
                the 2.4 is a bit under powered for a 2ton truck but saying that i could do a steady 90mph in my old 2.4 no problem on the motorway and i was getting abot 23/24 mpg with everyday normal driving.Toyne's truck thats for sale has had the modified head done by our 1 and only grease monkey Tonyn so you know the head is good and a good job has been done on it aswell

Comment

local

hiya matt just round the corner to me 30l def not slow returns about 25 to the gallon and just about the best motor ive ever had . 4 years now and never have anything else.
                  black n tan
                  black n tan
                  yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Get a 2.4 an live life on the edge

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                      Get a 2.4 an live life on the edge
                      lol us 2.4 adrenalin junkies, adds that extra risk, sorry fear factor...
                      The benchmark....

Comment

Working...
                      X