Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gear

The best of UK TV! What fantastic entertainment, and what a brilliant 'Jade Goody' comment!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

I thought the show was pretty lack-lustre to be honest. They wasted a lot of the show on that roadworks stunt and Jamie Olliver.

p.s. A new name for James May.......Dougal!

cut your bluddie hair man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      The best of UK TV! What fantastic entertainment, and what a brilliant 'Jade Goody' comment!

Great show, very funny and one hell of a crash too. Will he get away with the comment.
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
        Great show, very funny and one hell of a crash too. Will he get away with the comment.
        Well... it was factual as far as I can see.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          Well... it was factual as far as I can see.
          And it was qualified with 'Apparently'.

Good show, but gotta agree the roadworks stunt dragged on.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

I thought it lacked a bit today , but I knew the crash would have been the focus of the show. May did look a tramp, hasn't he aged in the last 6 months
            Former owner of 94 Surf SSR-X 3.0 TD

Comment

Jamie &quot;I love myself&quot; Oliver

Was it just me or did JC clearly think that Jamie Oliver was a bit of a knob-head?
              Ubi est mea anaticula cumminosa?

Comment

ok

it was ok itll get better i hope
                black n tan
                black n tan
                yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

The crash and build up was only the good bit really. The rest was very avarage.

As we're taking of Top Gear, check out the bloopers clips from last season

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIA...ELS/33592.html

(scroll down)

Comment

Got to agree that it was a bit of a damp squib. I rate the roadworks item alongside the one when the team did traffic reports, could do better.

Last series was the same, some great items and some poor one's. Must be hard to think up new ideas all the time and personally I get sick of seeing a car that is totally beyond the reach of most people being thrashed around a track with the tyres smoking.

My favourite item was when the team tried to make an 'aqua car', the site of Hammys VW sinking and Mays Triumph Herald with a mast had me in stitches.
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I know I'm gonna' sound like a right old fart with this one, but they are beginning to annoy the hell out of me. The charades they think up would be a lot better if they at least didn't try to damage as much as humanly possible. If they're going to buy kit to destroy, all the best to them, but they're becoming no better than common vandals with a lot of their ideas and the damage they inflict upon public or commercial property.

Comment

and no one but no one will convince me that car was going 300mph when it blew the tyre and crashed/flipped no way hozey
                        seen bigger smashes on the stock car circuit....
                        if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                          I know I'm gonna' sound like a right old fart with this one, but they are beginning to annoy the hell out of me. The charades they think up would be a lot better if they at least didn't try to damage as much as humanly possible. If they're going to buy kit to destroy, all the best to them, but they're becoming no better than common vandals with a lot of their ideas and the damage they inflict upon public or commercial property.
                          I agree with you Matt. I have posted somewhere else but will add here as well. I'm sure that I am in a minority but top gear is quite simply trash. Presented by self opinionated wanna be comedians, there is nothing in common with the original show that used to be on for half an hour.

Comment

It was poor, are we really going to have another series of Top Gear with the same format, its like a mixture of Morcambe and Wise(the rubbish they never showed because it was really rubbish) and the "i wanna be like Tiff Needell" show. Its great to see cars being thrashed, but they seem stuck in a world of supercars, how about a programme that reflects the lives of the real drivers and riders of the country, sure if they want a comedy sketch in it (and I have to ask myself why they need it, they had a good thing a few years back, just with witty banter), at least make it funny

Nice to see Hammond back , Clarkson was on his normal odd form , and James(the Haircut )(?) looks like he will be looking for another job soon.

The show was just about the best of a bad bunch of motoring shows on the telly, but still a real disapointment

Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X