Guinness surfer anyone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guinness surfer anyone help?

remember the Ad from 1999 with the horses comin out da surf?

The missis wants a big print of that scene for the bathroom to go over the corner bath. Its incredibly difficult to get hold of this. Even the Guinness web site nor their "experience" in Dublin can help. Has anyone got a link or even better, a high res image that you can send me?

Thanx to anyone that can help.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

I've had a look around, and asked SWMBO - who is in marketing to see if she can find something - but if you find out how to make one - you could be quite well off - there seems to be quite a market for them...

I've found it on a mug - www.tinneys-irish-shop.com

It may be worth asking them if they can sort one out???

Sorry I couldn't help more.
    Andrew.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Not found the picture yet, but did find the old John West advert with the bear:

http://randsco.com/index.php/2006/02...n_bear_fight_1

Comment

i found this.. see the comment?
        http://www.metacafe.com/watch/104229..._white_horses/

find a decent mural painter. theatres usually know of good ones for scenery painting
        Last edited by Chillitt; 28 January 2007, 22:11.
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Best I could do is this

www.guinness.com/gb_en/craic/ecards/

There is a wallpaper download too @ 2.25MB
          Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

You can dowload a hi-res video (for money)

You could grab a frame from it. You could also try the agency that did the ad:

http://www.amvbbdo.com/

Catch them on a good day and they might let you have an image.

Comment

I worked on a guiness advert years ago .... It was the one with the scarecrow , Teardrop and the whale .
              I had to stay on set all night as they were worried about the cornfield catching fire after a incident earlier in the day .
              The best thing was as the prop master left he said ' there is a barrel over there , help yourself , just do not use the harp marked glasses'

EDIT.......... Yes i know i look like i drank a barrel of guiness as well
              Last edited by Woodzie; 28 January 2007, 22:51.
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

thanx 4 the response folks, will chek them all out tomorrow

Al.

Comment

What about using the large wallpaper from the Guinness site with the "Rasterbator" program? You could make a size to suit your wall

This is 30 sheets of A4......

Comment

Thanx for the suggestion, She is after something a bit classier though in a special steam proof frame for bathrooms as its going to be over the jacuzzi.

Bathroom is a big feature in the house,its going to go here in this corner.

if anyone has alternative suggestions please let me have them. its gotta be something "oceany" by all accounts

Its driving me mad trying to sort this out but once her ladyship has decided she wants something..................... .........

Comment

space ship bath!.............. cool!!
                      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                        space ship bath!.............. cool!!

Oh eye

Its got FM radio, Ipod connection, shower,waterfall taps, ozone generator, 12water jets 6 air jets and the rest. You can even use it to get clean!

great to sit in with a bottle of wine and a book, and now it needs a kin picture of horses coming out of waves apparently!!

I would like to sort this before the carpet arrives in 2 weeks.

Comment

If you want something that size, you're going to have to try & track down a VERY hi-rez file otherwise the image is just going to pixelate & look pants. If you do happen to find an image with the appropriate resolution, find a large format digital printer that can output to outdoor grade SAV (that's Self Adhesive Vinyl) & then have them mount it to 5mm white Foamex. The white SAV is the material thats used for bus sides & vehicle graphics, the inks are waterproof & the whole thing is UV stable. Outdoor guarantee should be 5 years so indoors, it will last 'till you're pig sick of it. If you're near Leeds, Warrens is about as good as it gets in large format printing but ask to see some samples first.

I design & build exhibitions for some fairly large companies so I like to think I know a bit about this kind of thing.

Comment

Would 35mm cinema film be usable to blow up ? I've seen trailers and adverts in 35mm format selling on ebay before. I know it's high res enough, just not sure if a print shop could use it as a source.

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                              Oh eye

Its got FM radio, Ipod connection, shower,waterfall taps, ozone generator, 12water jets 6 air jets and the rest. You can even use it to get clean!

great to sit in with a bottle of wine and a book, and now it needs a kin picture of horses coming out of waves apparently!!

I would like to sort this before the carpet arrives in 2 weeks.
                              Get a flush mount large screen TV and play the advert back on it, then u get a moving picture, and when you get bored of it you just gotta record a new advert off the tele.
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X