A very sick engine..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very sick engine..........

Coming home from Oban today I could see a huge cloud of billowing smoke ahead, and it seemed to be getting worse. As I approached I could see it was a Renault Scenic 4x4 and the white smoke was absolutely pouring from the exhaust. The occupants were out of the car and I could see one guy with the keys in his hand. The engine was screaming really loud.

So I am wondering, what happened to the engine to make it do that? Wrong fuel?

Kinda feel sorry for the owner, his face was awful....

Dave

If it was a diesel and overfilled with engine oil , then it has gone 'run away' . This is when it picks up the engine oil and burns it instead of the diesel .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

if he had the keys in hand - i wonder if it was running on engine oil ?
      renault senics are gay anyway - but wouldnt wish dead engine on anyones car
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
        if he had the keys in hand - i wonder if it was running on engine oil ?
        renault senics are gay anyway - but wouldnt wish dead engine on anyones car
        Oh I would! Can think of a few....Tory Blair, Gordon Brown, 2 Jags etc etc
        Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
          If it was a diesel and overfilled with engine oil , then it has gone 'run away' . This is when it picks up the engine oil and burns it instead of the diesel .
          Like that time on skrap heap challenge when the guy started messing around with the throttle on that massive lorry and it went mental? they had to block up the air intake to stop it. fcuk that was funny.
          Last edited by Sancho; 27 January 2007, 20:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
            Like that time on skrap heap challenge when the guy started messing around with the throttle on that massive lorry and it went mental? they had to block up the air intake to stop it. fcuk that was funny.
            thats happened to me before very scary,especially when the cabs up and your leaning over the engine.i cut the fuel line right by the pump.after running around like a head less chicken for a minute.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

engine

Turbo boost control valve on diesel pump fails, lets fuel back other way through boost control pipe to inlet manifold, fuel fills up sump through breather, excess sump level then gets sucked into inlet manifold and vroom engine sets off on its own, very scary for peeps concerned.
              Best thing to do in this situation is to stall car rapid, may wreck clutch but cheaper than a new engine.
              Cheers, Steve.

Comment

Working...
              X