My First 'Shunt'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First 'Shunt'!

Ta dah! Just had my first little 'shunt' today. Some pillock blocked the exit of my local spray shop when I was in for a quote so I had to reverse back quite a way and guess what? One of those sodding pillar things, that are set at a height where no 4 x 4 driver can see them, jumped into the back of my truck!

There was a hell of a bang and I thought 'Major Damage Alert' but fortunately it was my spare wheel cover that bore the brunt (still gonna cost £40 to replace it!)

The thing is there's now a little light on the dash that indicates that the rear wheel carrier is open. I've double checked it and it is securely shut. There is no structural damage just a crack in the plastic of the wheel cover. I take it there is some sort of microswitch located in the latch of the spare wheel carrier?

Will have a better look tomorrow as I was full of hell today after what happened, I've only had the rear wheel cover 6 weeks!

Copycat 'the artist formerly known as kameeleon'.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

hehe

Touching wood I haven't had a shunt in the Surf, though I did flip a Celica GT4 end over end (too much bravado, too little skill and VERY VERY spectacular!), rammed a sierra in my mums fiesta (my fault), rammed a Volvo in an MR2 (his fault), was reversed into by a camper van in my Celica (before wrecking it), was reversed into at high speed by a stolen BMW in my Honda CRX, rammed by a Nissan Sunny in my Alfa.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

where do you say stay apache,

cause i'm staying well away

cheers scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
        where do you say stay apache,

cause i'm staying well away

cheers scotty
        That is over a period of about 20 odd years and two countries, and between 10k and 16k miles a year so not too bad.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          That is over a period of about 20 odd years and two countries, and between 10k and 16k miles a year so not too bad.
          I do 30k plus a year, and the only damage I did was off road in Norfolk!!! (apart from when a 35ft caravan I was towing came off the hitch and creased the tailgate a bit!)
          Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker
            I do 30k plus a year, and the only damage I did was off road in Norfolk!!! (apart from when a 35ft caravan I was towing came off the hitch and creased the tailgate a bit!)
            you should have unhitched the caravan before you went offroading martin
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
            X