More Hi-lux surf questions....!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Hi-lux surf questions....!

Hello all you groovy surfers again.I would like to change my dull and faded dash lights.I have bought a suitable set of replacement tiny blue light bulbs from ebay,and would like to know how to fit them please.Is it an easy job,or will it involve dismantling the whole dashboard and more,just to replace half a dozen lights,(speedo area,fan switch area,altmeter console etc).If it is an involved job,do you know of anyone who could do the job,and how long it would take and cost,as there seems to be a load of wires hiding behind my steering wheel and i'll prob end up doing more damage than good!

The previous owner has already chaved my ride,as i found the fog light switch is linked to and turns on 2 blue undercar tube lights! Is this legal? Looks quite pretty,but i dont really wanna end up in the slammer over some silly lights!
    How/whom do i pay for a years subscription here? price? and what do i receive?! (apart from all ya advice which is priceless )
    Once i've paid can i upload my surf pics for you all to drool over?

Thanks again for my ongoing silly questions,
    Clive.

Dashboard disassembly to replace the bulbs.
    http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash.htm

Illegal to use whilst on the public highways.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1140

Comment

Theres a "Subscriptions" sticky near the top of the General page have a read.
      You can pay as much as you like to Koi......... a tenner isnt frowned on.
      If I remember right once you have slung some foldies his way you can upload pics and use the PM facility and a custom title under your avatar. The guys on here will always try to help whether you have paid or not. The biggest benefit is the smug feeling that you have done a GOOD thing. Keep the questions rolling bud...........

Comment

Surf didnt start this morning

HELLO AGAIN.MY POOR BIG SURF DIDNT START THIS MORNING.AFTER ABOUT 5 KEY TURNS THE BATTERY GAVE UP.THE BATTERY IS ABOUT 3 YEARS OLD.SHOULD I GET A NEW ONE? WHAT IS THE AVERAGE LIFE SPAN OF THESE BATTERIES? I'M THINKING ABOUT REPLACING IT WITH TWO BATTERIES,AS I BOUGHT IT WITH JUST THE ONE ON THE DRIVERS SIDE.I RANG THE PREVIOUS OWNER WHOS ALSO A MECHANIC AND HE SAID 2 BATTERIES ARE UNNECESSARY,AS THE ONE I HAVE IS CALLED BANNER STARTING BULL AND IS ONE OF THE BEST FOR STARTING THE BIG OLD SURFS?
        ANY HELP APPRECIATED AGAIN!
        REGARDS CLIVE.

Comment

the 2 batteries are there for a reason so if the previous owner has done away with one of the batteries and not put a big enough single battery in then it won't last long i wouldn't of thought
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Clive fill in your details please for model etc. Not all surfs have two batteries
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by clive05
              HELLO AGAIN.MY POOR BIG SURF DIDNT START THIS MORNING.AFTER ABOUT 5 KEY TURNS THE BATTERY GAVE UP.THE BATTERY IS ABOUT 3 YEARS OLD.SHOULD I GET A NEW ONE? WHAT IS THE AVERAGE LIFE SPAN OF THESE BATTERIES? I'M THINKING ABOUT REPLACING IT WITH TWO BATTERIES,AS I BOUGHT IT WITH JUST THE ONE ON THE DRIVERS SIDE.I RANG THE PREVIOUS OWNER WHOS ALSO A MECHANIC AND HE SAID 2 BATTERIES ARE UNNECESSARY,AS THE ONE I HAVE IS CALLED BANNER STARTING BULL AND IS ONE OF THE BEST FOR STARTING THE BIG OLD SURFS?
              ANY HELP APPRECIATED AGAIN!
              REGARDS CLIVE.

What are the specs of the battery? You'll need at least 700cca.

Comment

HI.THE SPECS ARE BANNER POWER BULL 62 Ah.
                THEIR WEBSITE IS www.bannerbatterien.com
                THERE IS NO OTHER DETAILS ON THE BATTERY.ITS QUITE A BULKY THING,10.5 INCHES LONG,7 INCHES HIGH AND 7 INCHES LONG,WITH TWO REMOVABLE LONG CAPS ON THE TOP.
                THANKS CLIVE.

Comment

Re Surf Batteries

Hi.forgot To Mention My Surf Is A 1991 Ln130 2.4 Diesel Automatic.
                  Thanks Clive.

Comment

Doesn't sound 'man' enough to me, my 2.5 diesel Transit battery was 75ah and that was only just adequate.

Comment

re; battery problems

HI.SO SHALL I ORDER TWO 100 Ah BATTERIES AND FIT THEM?
                      I'M CURRENTLY CHARGING MY BATTERY OUT OF THE SURF ON A BATTERY CHARGER,WHAT IS THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF TIME TO CHARGE?
                      THANKS CLIVE.

Comment

I'M CURRENTLY CHARGING MY BATTERY OUT OF THE SURF ON A BATTERY CHARGER,WHAT IS THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF TIME TO CHARGE?
                        THANKS CLIVE.

I always leave them charging over night.
                        Have you checked the battery fluid level, or is it sealed?

Comment

THANKS CLIVE.
                          Clive,

You need 2 beefy batteries with at least 700 CCA between them, they also need to be a pair, 1 let handed, and 1 right handed

Look here for more info

Trev
                          Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 30 January 2007, 23:48.
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev

Look here for more info

Trev
                            Where??
                            It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                              Where??
                              Duly edited

Guess I'll be hanging around this weekend
                              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                              X