snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andycook
    has vatchman driven his beast in snow yet?

I couldnt even reverse into drive on snow in 2wd, had to engage 4wd
    so wouldnt like to have a monster V8 surf with no 4wd option in snow!, unless boot was loaded with cement!!
    hehehe,i dont know andy,we havnt had any snow down here at all,just rain,now thats good fun,broadside pulling onto the industrial estate where i work.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hate to say 'fun' is NOT the word I would use to describe my journey this morning.

Just got past Gatwick and then spent two hours crawling up the M23 and on to just past Junction 8 of the M25 thanks to 3 problems:

1) M23 blocked just north of the M25 due to coach crash
      2) M25 just past Junction 8 3 lanes blocked due to jack-knifed lorry, with the queue back to Junction 5
      3) A217 stuffed with traffic trying to deal with the other 2 problems

All I can say is that my bum had Toyota etched into it

Fingers crossed there's some snow tomorrow morning, with no problems and then I might be able to play in company car park - hi boss
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

No snow down here, drizzle when I got up, but had stopped when I left for work

Comment

Just want enough snow for my boss to belive that I cant get into work. Havin said that he drives a defender so it shouldnt be too hard

Spoggle

Comment

Just thought I'd show how much snow we have in my neck of the woods

This is one of me lastweek (I'm wearing a Canada Goose Parka - probably the warmest coast on the market! -40C plus wind chill and I'm still warm and cozy!)

and this pic is of one of the planes I fly... at one of our warm sunny destinations:

I took both these pictures within the last few weeks
            Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

Comment

Originally posted by joedude
              Just thought I'd show how much snow we have in my neck of the woods
              Oh you lucky b@......

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                The worst thing I did this morning with the snow was try and use my sidesteps to get in... bl00dy lethal, my foot skidded straight off it and I cracked my shin on the side of the steps They'll be coming off soon then!

Comment

Hey man,

Now there is absolutely no reason why you should be rubbing our noses in it, is there?????

Seriously, that is some serious snow. Not so sure about the rackoons ar*e sewn into your parker, but at minus 40, who cares!!!!

So are you a pilot for a living? I could be coming to Canada shortly to live if everything works out ok. I'm a qualified Skydiver, so how about taking me up to 12,000ft and letting me have some fun!!!!
                  Last edited by M35A2; 25 January 2007, 12:58.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    Hey man,

Now there is absolutely no reason why you should be rubbing our noses in it, is there?????

Seriously, that is some serious snow. Not so sure about the rackoons ar*e sewn into your parker, but at minus 40, who cares!!!!

So are you a pilot for a living? I could be coming to Canada shortly to live if everything works out ok. I'm a qualified Skydiver, so how about taking me up to 12,000ft and letting me have some fun!!!!

Well I must say that I'm happy about the snow... the cold, not so much!

I am a pilot for a living, and if you're coming to my part of the country, I may be able to set you up with one of my friends that owns a skydiving business and plane.

P.S.: the fur is actually Coyote

Comment

Originally posted by joedude
                      Well I must say that I'm happy about the snow... the cold, not so much!

I am a pilot for a living, and if you're coming to my part of the country, I may be able to set you up with one of my friends that owns a skydiving business and plane.

P.S.: the fur is actually Coyote

Hey, Coyote, awesome.

Maybe I could have one for a pet. Do they bite???

I may be going to Steinbach, Manitoba. Where are you located???

Maybe we could meet up? I would give anything to be a pilot for a living. But, luck dealt me a bad hand my friend, and gave me a red/green colour deficiency. So this means I can't be a pilot, dispite the fact I flew my mates microlite and on the first go brought it in right up to touching the ground before he landed it. I love it......

So tell me Joedude, is it expensive to live in Canada? I've been looking at trucks already, even before I've got out there. I fancy a Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4, just love those trucks.

Can you give me any advice as to which air carrier would be cheapest from Toronto to Winnipeg and back? I want to fly out and have a look around.

So do you fly passengers or freight???

Cheers dude....

Andy

Comment

Hey JoeDude - I'll be in Canada again in 2 weeks! I'll be working in Calgary - when I came out end of November it got to -42, coldest for the time of year in 110 years apparently - but really didn't need to go to the trouble just for me!!!

Need to find some parts shops to load up my spare case with goodies
                        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                          Hey, Coyote, awesome.

Maybe I could have one for a pet. Do they bite???

I may be going to Steinbach, Manitoba. Where are you located???

Maybe we could meet up? I would give anything to be a pilot for a living. But, luck dealt me a bad hand my friend, and gave me a red/green colour deficiency. So this means I can't be a pilot, dispite the fact I flew my mates microlite and on the first go brought it in right up to touching the ground before he landed it. I love it......

So tell me Joedude, is it expensive to live in Canada? I've been looking at trucks already, even before I've got out there. I fancy a Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4, just love those trucks.

Can you give me any advice as to which air carrier would be cheapest from Toronto to Winnipeg and back? I want to fly out and have a look around.

So do you fly passengers or freight???

Cheers dude....

Andy
                          Steinbach eh? No kidding! that's just outside of Winnipeg! What makes you want to come here specifically?

I can't really compare the cost of living in Canada to that of the UK... cause I've only ever lived here. BUT I can tell you this: Winnipeg is one of the cheapest 'Big' cities to live in Canada. Although the cost of buying a house has come up quite a bit in the last few years... it's still a buyers' market.
                          Check out this site for prices: mls.ca

As for vehicles, We have a saying in Winnipeg when it comes to buying cars: "Steinbach, it's worth the drive". CHEAP cars! As for auto insurance, people here complain that it's expensive, but I've lived in some of the most expensive auto insurance provinces in the country and I can tell you... it's pretty damn cheap here! It's still pretty expensive, and there is cheaper, but whatcha gonna do eh?! In Manitoba there is Public Insurance... so the rates are same wherever you go ... It all depends on your driving record, where you live, what you drive, and how much coverage you want. (oh yeah to save you some hassle, get your driving abstract before you leave home so your licencing and insurance will be easier when you get here! - although I'm sure you'll need one anways to drive truck). Check the MPI website for more details and insurance Quotes.

Alrighty now the Air carriers.... There's Air Canada which will cost you anywhere from $120 to $1000 (+15%tax) one way depending on when you want to travel, and which class you want. The other option is WestJet. They're my prefered airline. They're a single class airline with satelite tv built into the seat backs and nice leather seats for everyone. They're about $120 to $200 depending on when you want to travel.

As for me, I fly passengers and freight. Depending on what the community we're flying to needs at the time. Our planes are very versatile in that they have a moveable bulkhead to accomodate either lots of passengers and little freight or little passengers and lots of freight. We pretty much fly to small native reserves in northern Manitoba, and we're basically their lifeline. Some locations don't have any roads leading out of town, so we're their only way in or out. We do lots of Air Ambulance work for that same reason. In winter, once the lakes have frozen up, the winter road opens up and then things slow down for us a little... but picks right back up in the spring!

You'll definetly have to stay in touch and let me know when you're planning on dropping in. I'd be happy to show you around!

Cheers!

Originally posted by Snoop
                          Hey JoeDude - I'll be in Canada again in 2 weeks! I'll be working in Calgary - when I came out end of November it got to -42, coldest for the time of year in 110 years apparently - but really didn't need to go to the trouble just for me!!!

Need to find some parts shops to load up my spare case with goodies

Calgary is a little far from here... about 12 hours of highway driving. We did have a cold spout in November... too bad you had to witness it! Now its January... we wish it was still November!!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X