It's what it's there for!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's what it's there for!

Many people argue bull bars or A frames are pointless over here as we don't need to deflect roos etc but my A-frame did me proud (again!) today - we used my Surf to recover my bro in laws long wheel base Zook - the transfer box had gone and he'd dumped it in a field at a mates house. We used the Surf to literally drag it out and then tow it over to my house to fix. Our drive has a very steep initial entrance and my bro in law was convinced we'd never get it up there.... but with some careful manouvers and ensuring the A-frame was against the Zooks rear mounted spare each time, we managed to push it up and park it perfectly in the corner out the way

The first time I sang the praises of the A-frame of course was when I used it to land on when I accidentally drove the Surf into a big hole

Given the kind of uses the bar seems to be put to, I've now decided not to put lights on it for fear their life may be relatively short!
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Mine has stopped me from messing the front up off road a few times...
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

mine is definately a bit wonky and my number plate is well.... wonky also! Ah well, it's all character!!! I'd actually like a slightly bigger bar that comes up over the line of the bonnet like the one in your avatar.
      Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

my wrap around bar saved the front of mine at the rtts last year when i got stuck and hit a tree,and also trying to get round a tight lane in town and having to reverse out and the front scr apping the wall
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

mine helped me knock a set of trafic lights down last winter .
          it was bent so i took it off ,,now i dont have one
          i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by johnd
            mine helped me knock a set of trafic lights down last winter .
            it was bent so i took it off ,,now i dont have one

did you get any compensation for the lights damaging your bar....

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
              mine is definately a bit wonky and my number plate is well.... wonky also! Ah well, it's all character!!! I'd actually like a slightly bigger bar that comes up over the line of the bonnet like the one in your avatar.
              That was the first thing I bought after getting the Surf - came from RoughTrax
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Comment

Well my front end would have looked a bit sick without the A bar in this shunt,
                  havn't got round to straitening (sp) the skid plate out yet.
                  Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

might be selling my full bull bar as i want the pennies for an arb winch bumper. how much do you reckon its worth then.. no dents as the driver is a genius!

TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

I'll give you £2.50
                      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Ahh id Love those bars! i know they sell for a damn bomb though and i think bobafatass sold his set on ebay and im almost 99.9% certain they sold in excess of £350!

Comment

i paid £180 +£50 p&p for mine about a year and half ago from ebay

Comment

so anywhere between 2.50 and 350. will swap for arb deluxe winch bumper! only 750 quids worth
                            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                              did you get any compensation for the lights damaging your bar....
                              nope and bust a spot to , i think i will rip of the bumper a fit a 6" rsj painted black
                              i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Working...
                              X