Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather

I understand that sadly up to ten people died due to accidents caused by the bad weather over the last couple of days. My sister emailed me today to say that one of her neighbours had been killed by a falling tree.

I can see local damage where I am but certainly nothing that will take much fixing. Overall it seems that understandably certain parts of the country have been hit worse than others. Why is it then that the whole infrastructure of this country suffers whenever there is inclement weather. The roads are blocked, trains stop and even the tubes are affected. I have been to harsh climates, Finland, Iceland, Norway and New England. all at the time experiencing deep snow, wind and thick ice. How is it that this causes no obstruction there but as soon as there is anything out of the ordinary here the powers that provide the services go into a stage of melt down. I heard that there was a branch on a line preventing trains from leaving Fenchurch Street. Idea: why not stop looking at it and move the bl00dy thing?

Sooner or later this country will experience a major catastrophie due to terrorism or natural disaster. How the hell it will be dealt with I don't know, but one thing I am sure of the statedgies are not in place.
Working...
X