4" and 33" pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" and 33" pics

Ok! hot on the heels of the 2 inch on 31" thread as you guys seem to be in a mood for posting pics! i was wondering if anyones got any pics with 4 inch lift and 33 inch tyres on. Because im so tempted to go for it but i want to be 110% sure about it all before i do anything i might regret

4" Lift & 33" Tyres next to a standard Surf.

Comment

Def worth it.....its looks so much meaner.....

Back in the day Baby

Comment

I know what you mean it does look a lot more agressive! im just worried it might look a bit tall and narrow

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          I know what you mean it does look a lot more agressive! im just worried it might look a bit tall and narrow
          You should be more concerned with the re gearing of diffs to help the 2.4 turn them . Ask Lovely Boyo , he knows .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

rod, i felt sick when i parked my std truck next to laser jocks... it looks fantastic on 33s! if it wasnt for getting my doddery odl parents in the surf, i would be trying to scrounge some now..
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              You should be more concerned with the re gearing of diffs to help the 2.4 turn them . Ask Lovely Boyo , he knows .
              Thats another thing! Ive got it pretty much worked out cost wise for the lift but i dont know anything about the cost of re gearing the diffs!!

Maybe its something to keep for a later date when i get a 3.0litre

Comment

Thats another thing! Ive got it pretty much worked out cost wise for the lift but i dont know anything about the cost of re gearing the diffs!!

Maybe its something to keep for a later date when i get a 3.0litre
                you will probably looking in the region of £1000 to get it regeared thats inc of new gears
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  you will probably looking in the region of £1000 to get it regeared thats inc of new gears
                  ahhh ouch!! I wasnt expecting it to cost that much! Is it essential that it gets re geared? I have to admit im not the fastest driver anyway ive almost never put my foot flat to the floor ever!

Comment

ahhh ouch!! I wasnt expecting it to cost that much! Is it essential that it gets re geared? I have to admit im not the fastest driver anyway ive almost never put my foot flat to the floor ever!
                    no you dont have to get it regeared at all but you will lose a fair bit of power and prbably affect your mpg.

i was talking to Tonyn at xmas when we were at the pub about getting the surf regeared and he was saying then about the price of it.
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I ran my 2.4 with 32" tyres on and had no problems
                      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
                        I ran my 2.4 with 32" tyres on and had no problems
                        If you dont mind me asking what was the exact size of them? Ive looked on the brono 4x4 site but i dont really know what size im looking for

Comment

mmmmmmm............

i was concidering a 2" body lift on top of my suspension lift and some 33"s very soon.

i didnt think it was a must that u re-geared.

because if it is the 33" are out the question.

i thought there were a few folks that were running 33"s with a 2.4 engine.

cheers scotty

Comment

Mines a 2.4 with 33's, aint to bad and will sit on the motorway at speed no problem. Power to be honest,does not seem that different. Just leave an extra 10 minutes per mile for your journey
                            Last edited by smiffy; 19 January 2007, 00:41.
                            www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

If you dont mind me asking what was the exact size of them? Ive looked on the brono 4x4 site but i dont really know what size im looking for
                              They are 32x11.5x15 bfg at's,and I think they cost about £90 each
                              They do them here http://ssl.delti.com/mytires/start.html put the speed rating at Q.
                              But I think I got mine from 4x4 tyres and accessories
                              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Working...
                              X