front cross member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front cross member

would it be possible to mount a winch onto the front cross member that sits behind the bumper.

is it up to the job?

was thinking it would save a lot of money if you didnt have to buy a winch bumper. just cut the valence around the winch.

cheers scotty

i spose it would work but just to be safe i would secure it to the chassis rails as well.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

i thought the cross member was connected to the chassis rail.or do you mean the winch.

never had the bumper off so dont really know what i'm on about, it was just a thought.

cheers scotty

Comment

Basically the winch mount needs to be bolted to the cross member at the front and to the chassis rails underneath.
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
          would it be possible to mount a winch onto the front cross member that sits behind the bumper.

is it up to the job?

was thinking it would save a lot of money if you didnt have to buy a winch bumper. just cut the valence around the winch.

cheers scotty
          Possible !!!! Seen it done on a Truck at 4x4 meet at Towcester last year but unfortunately didn't have me Camera.
          Spoke to & carded the Guy, I can't remember if he said he's in Herts or Essex. Very neat job........
          He's Truck was one digit from mine so is about 1990 ish in GREY

There's always a Payback .... Be careful out there !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

is it up to the job?

cheers scotty
            You would need to attach it to the main chassis as well, as I have done
            If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

ive seen one just the same, to be honest it looks $$$$. just had angle iron welded to chassis and cross member sticking out the front of the truck... im a bodge artist, but there are limits

i like garys job, but its too low for me. going to have to be a winch bumper. really like the arb one. just need the funds. its my next mod after the snorkel
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Don't know if this may help, but this is what i'm looking at doing at the moment Anyone with an imagination... there was also a thread somewhere with a brief discussion on the fixings on an ARB bumper.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

see this link. Chris got the plate fabricated for Lee and then fitted it to his motor. Winch went on no problem when fitting

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...1&postcount=16

We did cut some of the plastic bumper away [not much]
                  Gaz

Comment

is it up to the job?

cheers scotty
                    This is the best one ive seen yet:
                    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8291
                    PS: well done cooperman i want one
                    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                    X