No announcement yet.

Boot horizotal blind cover thing???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot horizotal blind cover thing???????

Can anyone help? You know in the boot of some Surfs you can get this kind of horizontal roller over blind, that covers from view the stuff you have in the boot? Well:

01 Do you know where I can get one, second hand or new?

02 Do you know the trade name for these things, so people would know what I'm on about?

03 Are they easy to fit?

04) Any general advice on this matter much appriciated.

Thnaks for any help or assisatace you can offer.

Cheers,

Iain.

Originally posted by Iain
    Can anyone help? You know in the boot of some Surfs you can get this kind of horizontal roller over blind, that covers from view the stuff you have in the boot? Well:

01 Do you know where I can get one, second hand or new?

02 Do you know the trade name for these things, so people would know what I'm on about?

03 Are they easy to fit?

04) Any general advice on this matter much appriciated.

Thnaks for any help or assisatace you can offer.

Cheers,

Iain.
    Firstly, your profile gives no clue as to which model Surf you wish to fit this to.... try putting some details of the year and model Surf you have in there, it helps...... but they can usually be found secondhand, try Hilux Bob or Streetluge Chris on the forum here. I got one for the 3rd Gen from ebay.
    Usually refered to as a roller blind or a cargo cover they are very easy to fit, once the side panels are removed on mine there were dotted lines inside showing where to cut, total install time around 1 hour if memory serves correctly.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      Firstly, your profile gives no clue as to which model Surf you wish to fit this to.... try putting some details of the year and model Surf you have in there, it helps...... but they can usually be found secondhand, try Hilux Bob or Streetluge Chris on the forum here. I got one for the 3rd Gen from ebay.
      Usually refered to as a roller blind or a cargo cover they are very easy to fit, once the side panels are removed on mine there were dotted lines inside showing where to cut, total install time around 1 hour if memory serves correctly.
      this is a pic of the 2nd gen one fitment
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

1991 SSR Ltd

A very good point, it's a 1991 SSR Ltd.

I'll try Bob.

Thnaks for the advice, that was so quick, this is great.

Cheers,

Iain.

Comment

I'm probably being a bit thick here....

I'm probably being a bit thick here....but how do I contact Hilux Bob or Streetluge, it's all new to me this forum business.

cheers,

Iain.

Comment

im speaking to bob later i'll tell him to post reply
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Thanks

I really appriciate your help. Very kind.

Cheers,

Iain.

Comment

Working...
              X