Undersealing / General Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undersealing / General Maintenance

Have just brought my first 4Runner...tip top condition (for its age - N reg) but being completely lacking in mechanical knowledge (for the time being) has anyone a good contact for Surrey based 4*4 engineers ? (those who will treat my truck with the respect due and charge accordingly) Need to give it a once over service (no idea when it was last done) and get the cambelt changed. Need to check the sunroof 'close' as non-functioning as well....and then an underseal I feel.
    PS Greetings to all.
    Paul

Originally posted by PaulF
    Have just brought my first 4Runner...tip top condition (for its age - N reg) but being completely lacking in mechanical knowledge (for the time being) has anyone a good contact for Surrey based 4*4 engineers ? (those who will treat my truck with the respect due and charge accordingly) Need to give it a once over service (no idea when it was last done) and get the cambelt changed. Need to check the sunroof 'close' as non-functioning as well....and then an underseal I feel.
    PS Greetings to all.
    Paul
    don't know about underseal but, if you're only in Dorking, take it to TonyN for servicing www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Hi mate,
      Welcome to the mad house. Talk to TonyN www.4x4yoys.co.uk He is based in basingstoke (hants) but he is very good and very reasonably priced. Plus all he ever works on is 4runners and surfs (well nearly all when you see his place you will understand). You will see he appears alot on the forum
      Cheers

Comment

great minds think alike

Comment

And Tony, just noticed this on the 'about' bit of your site. Matt will have a fit if he ever sees.

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms
            Hi mate,
            Welcome to the mad house. Talk to TonyN www.4x4yoys.co.uk He is based in basingstoke (hants) but he is very good and very reasonably priced. Plus all he ever works on is 4runners and surfs (well nearly all when you see his place you will understand). You will see he appears alot on the forum
            Cheers

True, except your link doesn't work!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              True, except your link doesn't work!
              Can't think why not, 'yoys' is one of my favourite words.

Comment

Those Yoys are buggers to work on.......

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                  And Tony, just noticed this on the 'about' bit of your site. Matt will have a fit if he ever sees.
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

PS Greetings to all.
                    Paul

Hi Paul - your sunroof problem - mine has a little push button next to open/close switch, which has to be pushed at the same time as "close". Some sort of "two hand start" safety device to stop you accidently chopping off the wifes head when she is annoying you on a long journey. Trying to disable mine!!
                    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

PS Greetings to all.
                      Paul
                      Dont know about your area but when you say 'sunroof close' you have to press the black button (the one near the switch) at the same time as the close switch for it to work. Sorry if you know this but if not there you go.
                      Seems jaky cakes beat me to it by two mins.
                      Last edited by Taliesins; 17 January 2007, 19:32.
                      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                        I ain't saying a thing. ( Post whore, I never. ).

Besides, you can't educate pork.

Comment

I've been trying to resist all day, but........................

Muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                            I've been trying to resist all day, but........................

Muppet.
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                            X