yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who knows Hilux Pickup prices quite well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knows Hilux Pickup prices quite well?

Just had my pickup written-off and had a stupid, ill-informed offer off the insurance company. So, I'm after as much advice regarding realistic prices.

I'm already on the hpoc.co.uk forum, but just wanted to open this to you guys too

Here's some details:

1986 (D)
    2.0 petrol
    108k miles
    Bench seat (what was left of it) replaced by cream SAAB 9000 electric and heated leather seats
    Rear liner and torneau
    Tow bar
    Well maintained throughout it's life by the one previous owner.
    Most of the engine bay, engine, underbody had been preserved by a thick layer of farm dust before I got it.
    Bodywork very good. Had been tidied up all round before I got it. Rust bubbles on the rear arches, but nothing major.
    New fuel pump and filter
    New brake master cylinder
    New clutch master cylinder
    New Roughtrax rear struts
    Front swivel seals recently done
    New front windscreen (as in a couple of weeks)
    Serviced about 1-2k miles ago by 4x4 Toys

There's one on Autotrader with the same mileage, good bodywork but a year older for £1590.

Hope you can help
    1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

i bought my '89 2.4d with 140,000 on the clock. came with no service history but prev owner said he changed oil and filter eery 5000 miles. boddy work was pretty good, exccept to big rust holes in the sills. had a re-spray at some point in its life and engine bay was very tidy. i picked it up for £1050. but i recon i got a pretty good deal and so have others said. should have gone for £1300-1400 i think.

i've posted some pick in the off-roading forum, have a looki to see the condition. bit muddy there and i've beeten her up a bit since i got her.

hope this helps abit
    Passat G60 Syncro 4WD 200hp FOR SALE .

Comment

I can get the glasses guide for you but not today .
      On another note , do you know if you will be breaking the vehicle or are the Insurance co taking it away ?
      I would like the seats for mine if possible . Can give you a set to replace if needed .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

if you are not satisfied with there offer send them reciepts for all the parts you have replaced

Comment

Damn, that was 'THE' cleanest MK2 pickup I've ever seen.

That sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Whats left? If we're picking over the remains, desperatly need the carb!
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Lol. I already have three people who want to buy it back for repair. The repair will only cost about £250 and take a morning using the front wings, bonnet, bumper, grille and valance all available on HPOC. This is what make it so annoying. The insurance company just look at £1800 worth of Toyota parts and spraying...

I've got the original garage sales receipt (yes, it was in such good condition that a main 4x4 garage sold it on) and all subsequent receipts.

I can also get some comparisons of Autotrader, but they aren't all specific.

Very much doubt Glasses will go back that far.

Tony, the good news is that I will probably be getting a Surf if I can make the insurance company bleed a bit...
            1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Comment

Oh, forgot to say. Insurance offered £495...
              1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Comment

Glasses go back to 1991 but what we do is calculate the difference in the next 2 years up and deduct a ratio back down . Not science but generally we get a fair result .
                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Sorry for the delay replying. Just changed my profile email address and never got the verification to re-activate my account...

I've got quite a few Autotrader ads to send to them. Not exact years and models, but it certainly shows they are way off the mark with their valuation.

Won't be getting a Surf just yet. Due to the Ute being on a commercial policy, to insure a Surf would mean cancelling and starting a new policy. My insurance broker tells me that, with the current claim, cancelling and starting a new policy would be a very bad idea. They actually recommended getting another pickup (or other commercial) until the policy is up for renewal... They didn't even tell me the Surf premium...
                  1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Comment

Working...
                  X