Roof top tents???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof top tents???

It seems roof tops are the way to go on long off-road trips so, following up my first post (3rd gen specs) - has anyone used rooftop tents on any trips? The 1st & 2nd gen roof bars don't look man enough to put a tent on - am I wrong? What about 3rd gen - do they come with factory roof bars?

Originally posted by kanigit
    It seems roof tops are the way to go on long off-road trips so, following up my first post (3rd gen specs) - has anyone used rooftop tents on any trips? The 1st & 2nd gen roof bars don't look man enough to put a tent on - am I wrong? What about 3rd gen - do they come with factory roof bars?
    I have never seen a roof top tent on a surf... Got any pics?? If its just me and my son camping we just drop the back seats and sleep in the car. sleeping on the roof would be a bit of a pain if you need a pee
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by kanigit
      Maybe in AFRICA but not in the UK. We dont get LIONS etc here
      Check BUNDABASHERS SITE as he now resides in AFRICA .
      http://www.elphick-pooley.co.uk/htm/index.htm
      Last edited by marky; 16 January 2007, 10:39.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Some other options here...
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ighlight=tents

Comment

Another option is:

www.autohome.it

or the usual suspect

www.eeziawn.co.za
          www.hannibal.co.za

www.rooftent.co.uk
          may from time to time have some ex-demo's...

But you'll need a substantial rack... to put it on...

On a 2nd gen, its not 'really' strong on the roof, so attaching a big rack will require some internal bracing...

Comment

Working...
          X