Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Assistance Required:
    In relation to insurance, how do I prove that my 4Runner has been built for the UK ? I bought it on Saturday, it was first registered in 1996 and I presume that as it is registered by DVLA it is therefore accepted as being built for the UK......The Swift Car insurance database has it listed and they will provide a quote online, but when talking to an advisor about transferring NCD, the guy suddenly chirps up that if it is an import, they won't insure it. Help !

Originally posted by PaulF
    Assistance Required:
    In relation to insurance, how do I prove that my 4Runner has been built for the UK ? I bought it on Saturday, it was first registered in 1996 and I presume that as it is registered by DVLA it is therefore accepted as being built for the UK......The Swift Car insurance database has it listed and they will provide a quote online, but when talking to an advisor about transferring NCD, the guy suddenly chirps up that if it is an import, they won't insure it. Help !
    Try Tesco they insure anything and they were about 10% cheaper than most others too
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

the first few characters of the chassis number on all genuine UK cars will be different to jap spec imports, also give roadsure a try , I pay £235 fully comp, as a second car with 0 NCB to use on my surf
      Last edited by RobOnBlackbird; 15 January 2007, 21:56.
      Former owner of 94 Surf SSR-X 3.0 TD

Comment

Originally posted by PaulF
        Assistance Required:
        tell him he is being a dick and its not am import!!!
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

UK spec and registered from new will have 17 digit chassis number .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Vagrant, thank you very much for exactly the information I required.
            Do you know if Toyota hold a database on the UK 4 runners ? I understand that only 1700odd were made in the UK.....I'd like to find out as much as I can about my 4Runner (what with it being my first ever 4*4 and being extremely pleased with myself for buying it) and get the original spec information for it.

Comment

Working...
            X