Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please?

Regarding roof light bars.

As some of you know, I currently have 4 x 130w Procomp 8" stainless lamps on a roofbar. They are currently not wired up as an IP68 connector of sufficient current capacity (45A +) has been difficult to find.

Sooooo... I am thinking of fitting one pair of these lamps on the bumper (and removing the current Hella 3000's (55w), and refitting the roof bar with 6 x 55w rectangular lamps such as Ring microline. This will reduce the height a bit (I was clattering a few bushes with the round lights on the roof) and reduce the current I need on the roof to around 25A, for which I have connectors and cable. I could mount the 'Microline' type lamps under my Thule roof bar, probably on the alu angle I have fitted to the bar at the mo, but the other way up so they hang down and sit close to the roof.

So, bling factor. Does 2 procomps on the front and 6 microlines on the roof score more bling points than 2 Hella 3000's on the front and 4 Procomps on the roof?

If so, I'll probably have a couple of Hellas and a couple of Procomps for sale shortly!

See:-

http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk/aca...sSwitches.html

(second one down) for the Procomps.

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/3000.asp

For the Hellas

http://www.famousfour.com/acatalog/i...ting_mline.jpg

For the 'Ring Microline'
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

how about mounting the spare pair for rear facing work lights?
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      So, bling factor. Does 2 procomps on the front and 6 microlines on the roof score more bling points than 2 Hella 3000's on the front and 4 Procomps on the roof?
      In my book, yes!
      But, Any lights that actually work have more 'bling' than non-working ones!!!
      It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
        how about mounting the spare pair for rear facing work lights?
        260w of work light?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
          In my book, yes!
          But, Any lights that actually work have more 'bling' than non-working ones!!!
          Yeah yeah, OK!

The military spec connector I was hoping to get my hands on is around the £200 mark. Other cheaper ones are just too big!

Comment

i could use that when im fishing, would be handy to light up the lake at night. make the little buggers think its time to get up!
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

They are currently not wired up as an IP68 connector of sufficient current capacity (45A +) has been difficult to find.
              Hhmmmmmmmm. I seem to remember someone giving me grief several months ago regarding the fact that such a high current connector and cable wasn't needed due to all the lights not being used at the same time. Can't remember whom it was, though.

BTW, bling wise, you can't really go wrong no matter what mix you use. Cartloads of spotlights = cartloads of spotlights. Do you need any further encouragement?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                Hhmmmmmmmm. I seem to remember someone giving me grief several months ago regarding the fact that such a high current connector and cable wasn't needed due to all the lights not being used at the same time. Can't remember whom it was, though.
                Hope you dont think that was me Matt... I would never make such a schoolboy error!

They were always going to be used together. Why have them otherwise?

Comment

i've got two pro comp 130's on the front of my truck, excellent lights, good spread and range, but could allways be improved by adding more lights fot a wider beam! want to add a couple myself for those curvey lanes.
                  Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Hope you dont think that was me Matt... I would never make such a schoolboy error!
                    Perish the thought. I would never think such a thing. I was just sat here, (merrily sticking to my I.T), when for some reason, something in that post seem ever so vaguely familiar. No idea why, though....................

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      Perish the thought. I would never think such a thing.
                      Damn straight!

Comment

Damn straight!

Comment

whatever happened to KCdaylighters.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                            whatever happened to KCdaylighters.
                            Mine went rusty...

then got transfered to the first Toyota pickup, then got thrown in the bin!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                              Mine went rusty...

then got transfered to the first Toyota pickup, then got thrown in the bin!

i used to love the little smiley face covers for em.buy the way tony that truck looks a bit dodgey.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X