Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Country Chapter

Hi,

Thought I'd post this one on here as some may miss it in the body of my earlier messages.

A few of us are thinking of setting up a West Country Chapter if theres enough interest, so far the area seems to include, Wilts, Bristol, Glos (Chepstow), but would be happy to welcome all members who are in the SWest (Somerset, Devon, Cornwall where are u?)

I am happy to do a bit of leg work on this one, organise a website/logo, meets Etc if theres enough interest..........an opportunity to meet up, oggle each others, do a bit of driving, drink beer and eat bacon sarnies.

PM me if you are seriously interested,

Cheers,

Raven
    [center][b][i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=silver][/color][/font][/i][/b] [/center][center][b][i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=silver]"THE WIFE'S LITTLE RUN AROUND" - '95 3.0TD SSRG, DARK BLUE[/color][/font][/i][/b][/center][center][b][/b][/center][center][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#c0c0c0][i]I ONLY GET TO PLAY AT WEEKENDS.......LIFE'S NOT FAIR![/i][/color][/font][/center]

THATS RACIST MATE YOU CANT DO THAT TO THE REST OF THE UK MASSIFF
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Mark,

You never know we might get our backsides into gear an organise some time on Exmoor/Dartmmor and everyone to join in!

Cheers,

Raven
      [center][b][i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=silver][/color][/font][/i][/b] [/center][center][b][i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=silver]"THE WIFE'S LITTLE RUN AROUND" - '95 3.0TD SSRG, DARK BLUE[/color][/font][/i][/b][/center][center][b][/b][/center][center][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#c0c0c0][i]I ONLY GET TO PLAY AT WEEKENDS.......LIFE'S NOT FAIR![/i][/color][/font][/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
        Mark,

You never know we might get our backsides into gear an organise some time on Exmoor/Dartmmor and everyone to join in!

Cheers,

Raven
        Only joking mate enjoy it. i'll be coming through that neck of the woods in august towing the LOVE SHACK to St Ives
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Let us know exactly when, we will get one of the West Country boys to have a brew waiting for yer on arrival!

Cheers,

Comment

Let us know exactly when, we will get one of the West Country boys to have a brew waiting for yer on arrival!

Cheers,
            BACON SARNIES VERY NICE MATE
            Respect to the West Country Chapter .
            Last edited by marky; 28 January 2004, 23:07.
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

No.............I have afeeling Bacon sarnies my become the official foodstuff of the South West Chapter

Rav

Comment

No.............I have afeeling Bacon sarnies my become the official foodstuff of the South West Chapter

Rav
                i would run that passed our linda first Raven
                linda,s bacon sarnies are to say the least

A LEGEND
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

sarnies and first off road ..attempt

but does she include mushrooms and onions too?

seriously,had my first attempt at 'off road' yesterday
                  valuing a million pound farm complex and took the owner around his fields(70 acres)....the love bus(thats what the girls call it) performed beautifully ...although it was pretty easy stuff compared to what you peeps must get up to
                  gotta start somewhere i suppose!
                  NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
                  'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Comment

Originally posted by nogginthenog
                    but does she include mushrooms and onions too?

seriously,had my first attempt at 'off road' yesterday
                    valuing a million pound farm complex and took the owner around his fields(70 acres)....the love bus(thats what the girls call it) performed beautifully ...although it was pretty easy stuff compared to what you peeps must get up to
                    gotta start somewhere i suppose!
                    Well I have a stack of good tracks and bywas available to drive round devon, including dartmoor, if you are interested, i'll let you have the link where I got em all
                    ;-)
                    As for a westcountry chapter....I don't reckon we need to separate from the whole.....we all know where everyone lives, so if you wanna organise stuff then do it here....
                    2 Tone Mud Master!
                    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Hi Carbon,

I am not suggesting we split away from the Hiluxforum at all, that would achieve nothing at all. I want to very much be part of hiluxsurf.co.uk.

I see hiluxsirf.co.uk as the hub, with potentially the south west chapter as one spoke, and maybe in time others may want to do the same with their regions.

The Chapter is just a bit of fun for locals, it's just a way of creating some sense of community for those in the South West. It might just give us a chance to keep as usuable the local green lanes/make a point of getting sight of all the definitive maps in our region, combine buying power with a local garage, promote responsible 4x4'ing Etc. You never know we may even be able to attract some non forum members from the South West into joining the hilux forum!

As I said yesterday, it's just an idea to give something back, if theres no interest, no sweat.

Cheers,

Raven

Comment

Hi Carbon,

I am not suggesting we split away from the Hiluxforum at all, that would achieve nothing at all. I want to very much be part of hiluxsurf.co.uk.

I see hiluxsirf.co.uk as the hub, with potentially the south west chapter as one spoke, and maybe in time others may want to do the same with their regions.

The Chapter is just a bit of fun for locals, it's just a way of creating some sense of community for those in the South West. It might just give us a chance to keep as usuable the local green lanes/make a point of getting sight of all the definitive maps in our region, combine buying power with a local garage, promote responsible 4x4'ing Etc. You never know we may even be able to attract some non forum members from the South West into joining the hilux forum!

As I said yesterday, it's just an idea to give something back, if theres no interest, no sweat.

Cheers,

Raven
                        I got ya! Thought for a sec you were looking for a breakaway group....:-o
                        Well like I say I am building up some good knowledge of where you can and can't drive in devon, inc dartmoor, and to date have found some good lanes.
                        So i'm up for a westcountry chapter..... :-)
                        Be usefull to know the tracks in bristol / bath way to so when I visit up there I have something to do while while my family talk!!!!
                        I also know a few off road centres in exeter which have open days similar to the pit style... have yet to have gone on one but they are having one in early feb, so if ur interested, let me know and when I get the date I will pass the info on... like I say, its in Exeter...
                        Take it easy
                        Big up the Westcountry massive!
                        CM
                        2 Tone Mud Master!
                        http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Always would be interested in meeting for some fun. Seems to be lots of places to play down here.

Devils pit is just a bit too far for an afternoon jolly :-(

Comment

You have an off road event near you this Sunday,near a place called Horton.
                            Last edited by andy; 29 January 2004, 16:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Taska
                              Always would be interested in meeting for some fun. Seems to be lots of places to play down here.

Devils pit is just a bit too far for an afternoon jolly :-(

Devils Pit afternoon jolly, please, its an all day serious affair
                              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                              My choice
                              Back off

Comment

Working...
                              X