Garage in Devon / SW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage in Devon / SW

I am looking for someone in or around the Plymouth area who knows his surfs. I am planning to buy a Surf at auction in the coming months and want to find a decent garage / mechanic in our area who could MOT/convert to UK regs.

Cheers

OEC 4x4 in kingsteignton fitted my snorkel on wednesday seemed like a good bunch, they seemed to know a bit about toyotas so it might be worth poppin over and havin a word, see what you think.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

why not save your self the money and do it your self. as far as i can remember all you need to do is get it registered in england, look here
      http://www.direct.gov.uk/Motoring/Bu...AVehicle/fs/en

then get it mot'ed any good garage can do this but i can recomend andersons garage in saltash not sure how much the know about surfs specificaly but they are a good garage.

you need to get a fog light fitted for the mot which is easy you can get a light form halfords or kevin coopers and the wireing kit for it too the light is about £5 and the wiring kit about £10 fit it yourself which is not hard bit time consuming hiding the wires but you can get loads of help from folk on here.

oh and to get insurance you will need at least a immobiliser spend the cash you saved on getting it on the road your self on a higher spec one whic will remote lock you beast if you can get them to wire the rear window so it opens and closes remotly cos not only will it look sick but would be really helpfull!

good luck keep us posted and welcombe to surfdom!

Ps if you fancy finding some mud let me know we can start soem meets in and around plymouth. oh and think twice about the ford at mevey at the mo!! (see my thread)
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Guys many thanks!
        Looking forward to joining surfdom (will be in touch drunkmonkeyboy in future) after having finally convinced the missus we don't need a Landy! Seem to be quite a few surfs down these parts and everyone I've spoken to loves them (bordering on obsessed!)
        Looking for a solid '94-96 3L Surf SSR-X / SSR-Gto use off and on road . Off to A1 auctions in Soton on Tuesday to have a look around and have had look at a few dealers but haven't found what I'm looking for yet.
        Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by bootneckdoc
          Guys many thanks!
          Looking forward to joining surfdom (will be in touch drunkmonkeyboy in future) after having finally convinced the missus we don't need a Landy! Seem to be quite a few surfs down these parts and everyone I've spoken to loves them (bordering on obsessed!)
          Looking for a solid '94-96 3L Surf SSR-X / SSR-Gto use off and on road . Off to A1 auctions in Soton on Tuesday to have a look around and have had look at a few dealers but haven't found what I'm looking for yet.
          Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
          Hi boot.Have you seen Humero's 3l in the forsale section,Its been well looked after and at 3k you wont go wrong and he is down in Redruth.Not all insurance companies want alarms etc,my insurance company don't require me to have one on my 3l or my old 2.4 either
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Just seen it and sent him an email - do you know him / his vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by bootneckdoc
              Just seen it and sent him an email - do you know him / his vehicle?
              i don't know him personally but i have seen his surf around town a bit plus i have heard some good comments about his truck from the garage i put Rob onto.If you don't hear anything from Rob in a couple of days then i have got his tel no's if you would want to give him a ring

Comment

Talk of the devil Rob has just logged on

Comment

Working...
                X