Bling Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bling Alarm

As my old alarm decided not to work anymore , I thought I'ld fit a new bling alarm with remote start and turbo timer.
    Had some fun tonight when I went to Asda, came out from shopping and saw a bloke looking at the truck, so I did a remote start, the bloke nearly $hit himself Heeeee Heeeeee
    If it aint broke dont fix it

flash barsteward !!! 4 days to go hehe
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Hmmm might pick your brain... would like to fit one on my beast...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
        Hmmm might pick your brain... would like to fit one on my beast...
        No problem mate

Comment

Cheers mate... you don't mind me asking which one you bought... was it on eBay or so you have a link to it or make and model... also was the bulk of the wiring in the engine bay or in the cab..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Cheers mate... you don't mind me asking which one you bought... was it on eBay or so you have a link to it or make and model... also was the bulk of the wiring in the engine bay or in the cab..
            Below is the link for the one I got, most of the wiring is under the dash, the only wiring under the bonnet is the siren and bonnet trigger.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-way-Pager-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Yeah I got one of those about a year ago for my automatic celica.
              They are only worth fitting on an auto as I heard a story of a guy who installed one on a manual celica then decided to show it off to a friend so went to start the car and the car drove forward into a wall, to make matters worse it tried 3 times to start and all he could do was stand there and go noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
              Autos have the safety setting so you cant start in gear very clever!!!!
              But I was really impressed with the alarm system it works over a huge distance too like half a mile.
              The only down side was the insurance company did not qualify it as a proper alarm system as they had never heard of the make!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
                Below is the link for the one I got, most of the wiring is under the dash, the only wiring under the bonnet is the siren and bonnet trigger.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-way-Pager-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem

Cool!

Gary mate, ( grovel grovel) where did you connect for the remote start? I've got grey hairs trying to make it work, I'm begining to think there's a fault with the alarm.
                I get the 5 flashes of the indicators when I press the button on the remote, but neither the ignition or engine starts.
                I was connecting into the ignition multi-plug under the dash for the remote start, but the supplied wiring diagram is not the most helpful, badly translated Chinese.

Any help to point me to the correct wires, or maybe a pic of your supplied diagram would be ever-so nice.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Cool!

Gary mate, ( grovel grovel) where did you connect for the remote start? I've got grey hairs trying to make it work, I'm begining to think there's a fault with the alarm.
                  I get the 5 flashes of the indicators when I press the button on the remote, but neither the ignition or engine starts.
                  I was connecting into the ignition multi-plug under the dash for the remote start, but the supplied wiring diagram is not the most helpful, badly translated Chinese.

Any help to point me to the correct wires, or maybe a pic of your supplied diagram would be ever-so nice.
                  Can you post a pic of your instructions so I can tell you which wires to connect where, as I dont know if the wiring plan is the same as mine, but I'm sure I can help

Comment

Remote starting

How does it cope with diesel preheat... does it have a warm up period for the glow plugs before it cranks the starter motor..
                    Last edited by Vultch; 13 January 2007, 19:59.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

How does it cope with diesel preheat... does it have a warm up period for the glow plugs before it cranks the starter motor..
                      Yes when you press the remote start it turns the ignition on then waits about 5 sec before cranking, you can also set the cranking time, once it has started a pickup wire from the ign light senses the change from negative state to positive state and keeps the engine running

Comment

Right then...I'll be buying one..expect to have your brain picked occasionally ...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Right then...I'll be buying one..expect to have your brain picked occasionally ...
                          Have fun, theres one hell of a lot of wires, you will also need to run a wire from the back interior light tailgate switch wire, I will be able to tell you where all the wires go, and to what colour wires to tap into, just make sure you solder all the connections

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
                            Have fun, theres one hell of a lot of wires, you will also need to run a wire from the back interior light tailgate switch wire, I will be able to tell you where all the wires go, and to what colour wires to tap into, just make sure you solder all the connections

the list could get longer
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                              the list could get longer
                              No prob mate, I can cope, well at least till tuesday hee hee

Comment

Working...
                              X