rear springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear springs

i have s.a.s and was thinking of getting the rear springs off roughtrax which say they have a 2" lift which sounds good but how do i lift the front to match and is there anything else that needs to be done i.e brake lies e.t.c
    thanks

Originally posted by j.hell
    i have s.a.s and was thinking of getting the rear springs off roughtrax which say they have a 2" lift which sounds good but how do i lift the front to match and is there anything else that needs to be done i.e brake lies e.t.c
    thanks
    No they fit strait on and give a instant 2" lift ....But if you carry alot of load in the back they will not last

The general rule is Milner standard springs , + 2" procomp es9000 shocks and 2" coil spacers..........OR if you want 5" of lift see bushwhacker
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

thanks
      SAS = solid axle swap - one of the more extreme mods anyone can do to the front of their truck (lift = 6''ish)

If you have SAS why are you asking about front lift?

LC springs from Milners will give 3'' lift.

EDIT OOOOOOPS = sas = saggy ar5e syndrome - ever so sorry - me get back to the wine .............
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
        SAS = solid axle swap - one of the more extreme mods anyone can do to the front of their truck (lift = 6''ish)

If you have SAS why are you asking about front lift?

LC springs from Milners will give 3'' lift.
        Saggy Ar%e Syndrome
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
          Saggy Ar%e Syndrome

Arse!

Comment

thanks but i didn't want to spend to much doing it but i do need new springs though

Comment

cheapest option is the 3inch rear lift 2inch front lift combo. its hdj80 landcruiser rear springs and you can wind the front torsion bars up 2inches for free!

44 quid +vat from milners

if you lengthen the springs good idea to put longer shocks on. i have +4 rears and +2 fronts. binned both anti roll bars for better articulation off road

Last edited by andrewlee31; 12 January 2007, 23:32.
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

just go for the milners 20%stronger springs item no.004014 £44 per pair + p&p +vat
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thanks

dont go the roughtrax way had there springs on my truck sas within 11 months no weight carried in truck [no jokes about val ]
                  go milners with jotto spacer or lc springs,
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

thanks but i didn't want to spend to much doing it but i do need new springs though
                    Go for milners 20% then as the springs are cheaper than roughtrax

And one of their better products

http://www.milneroffroad.com/LN130.htm
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

If you want a 3" lift on the rear, then you'll need Landcruiser springs from Milners @£44.

A pair of rear shocks from Procomp or TonyN @ £80.
                      A panhard rod and anti-rollbar drop brackets complete with various nuts and bolts from me @ £47.

No need to alter/lengthen any brake lines, and just adjust the torsion bars on the front.

If you don't want to be so radical, then a pair of up-rated springs from Milners @ £44. is all you need.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                        cheapest option is the 3inch rear lift 2inch front lift combo. its hdj80 landcruiser rear springs and you can wind the front torsion bars up 2inches for free!

44 quid +vat from milners
                        will i need new shocks with this or will mine be ok & how do you wind up the torsion bars

Comment

will i need new shocks with this or will mine be ok & how do you wind up the torsion bars

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/torsion/index.htm

Comment

tell them they look gay
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

take a look here http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/torsion_bars/
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X