Donwloadable specs - help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donwloadable specs - help needed

Hi - new to this lark and looking at purchasing a 1996 3.0TD Surf SSR-X. Can anyone point to me any on-line specification sheets or send me a copy if they have any. I am interested in looking at the engine performance stats re fuel consumption, torque etc etc.

Also and this may be a daft question for you guys - the 4WD stick has H2L4, H2 and L4 on it - what does that mean - like i say i am new to 4x4's so apologies if this a no-brainer

cheers

stu

Most important spec you need for a third gen is how much hairspray you can carry

only joking mate, specs on this will depend on wether its the intercooled model or not. (Big Hump on the bonnet)

mpg will be between 25 - 30 if you put a stone in your right shoe

h2 is high ratio 2 wheel drive (normal)
    h4 is high ratio 4 wheel drive
    L4 is low ratio 4 wheel drive, for the muddy stuff
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

cheers mate - well the deposits down so in a couple of weeks once they've valeted it etc it should be mine - its in absolute pristine condition.

Another thing is I saw one that was the previous (M) reg and it looks quite different underneath - like a standard axle with diff "hanging down" if you know what i mean yet the one i'm getting was of a higher ground clearance and everything was "flat underneath" if you know what i mean and it also seemed to have different springs.

Did they change anything from M - N reg - I thought this happened in 98? Or is it possible it has had a lift kit fitted or something?

cheers

stu

Comment

I think 95/96 was the changeover year from 2nd gen to 3rd gen. There were several changes, most importantly the addition of the scissors, combs, clippers and tongs.

2nd Gen:

3rd Gen:
        Last edited by nero279; 14 January 2007, 14:15.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

the 3rd gen has coil spring suspension on the front, but the 2nd gen had torsion bars...
          the rear suspension is pretty much the same, coils onto a solid axle...
          they both have independent front suspension.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

cheers chaps gonna have to get used to all these hairdresser quips :lol:

That will explain the difference as the other was a gen 2

Comment

just dont forget to get some pics of your new toy up as soon as you get it!
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by wickedandlazee
                cheers chaps gonna have to get used to all these hairdresser quips :lol:
                What hairdresser quips? I've ne'er noticed anyone doing that on here............

Welcome to the Surf emporium mate.

Comment

hello and welcome. i think as long as you are ready to get it muddy then you can get away with keeping your curlers in the back!
                  it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31

h2 is high ratio 2 wheel drive (normal)
                    h4 is high ratio 4 wheel drive
                    L4 is low ratio 4 wheel drive, for the muddy stuff
                    You missed a bit, its a 3rd gen...
                    H2 - rear wheel drive (normal road driving)
                    H4 - is basicly AWD, all wheel drive (for slippery on road)
                    H4L - is high ratio center diff locked (off road only)
                    N - Neutral
                    L4L - -is low ratio, center diff locked (off road)
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony that explains it all - cheers mate

here's some piccies of it while i wait for it to get sorted

They're just sorting out the reg docs, MOT, tax,changing the oil,filters coolant and thermostat, fitting a new battery and finally fitting a cat 1 cobra immobiliser.

Two weeks and it will be mine

Comment

Working...
                      X